Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if its not one thing its another

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
So while the sks have been here we gave been borrowing my fiances parents minivan because we needed it with all 5 kids. Ive been driving my fiances car to and from work and hes been using the van. My car has been sitting. The sks go back Saturday so my fiance has been changing the oils and gassing up both the van and my car to be ready to give the van back. He discovered my transmission which I just paid 700$ to fix is bone dry. He says it looks like I need a new transmission....basically, more money than my car is worth.

So Im looking at picking up a car payment I cant afford on 10$/hr. Grrrrre
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Have you looked on craigslist? You may be able to find something affordable on there.

conweis
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Try the junk yard for a transmission.

Joie35
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM
I have to get a loan and my credit blows so I will probably have to go to one of those buy here pay here places...you know,the ones with crazy interest rates. Sucks so bad. I wanted my car to last at least til winter :/

Quoting Gianna2014:

Have you looked on craigslist? You may be able to find something affordable on there.

Joie35
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM
I have to get a loan and my credit blows so I will probably have to go to one of those buy here pay here places...you know,the ones with crazy interest rates. Sucks so bad. I wanted my car to last at least til winter :/

Quoting Gianna2014:

Joie35
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:21 PM
I just dont know if its worth even paying for that and then finding someone to put it in and paying them the labor...its a 99 mustang with 190k miles on it and about a million other things about to fall apart at any moment. I was hoping to make it last another 6 months at least though til I was in a better place financially. Ugh.

Quoting conweis:

Try the junk yard for a transmission.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:21 PM

:( That sucks. I'm sorry

Joie35
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM
thank you. It does suck! I found this out on my lunch hr at work. And have now been stressing about it all day. We take the van back Friday night. I have til Monday to find a car and find someone somewhere willing to make a car loan to.someone with shit credit who only makes 10$/hr. Fuuuuuuck.

Quoting BamaMommy2:

DylansMommyXo
by Daggy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM

sorry :( that  really sucks.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Oh damn, I am so sorry!  Do you think they will let yall keep the van a little longer?

Quoting Joie35: thank you. It does suck! I found this out on my lunch hr at work. And have now been stressing about it all day. We take the van back Friday night. I have til Monday to find a car and find someone somewhere willing to make a car loan to.someone with shit credit who only makes 10$/hr. Fuuuuuuck.
Quoting BamaMommy2:

MommaTurbo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

You didn't notice your tranny oil was leaking til it was GONE?! Dont you check your fluids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)