Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some b**** is trying to get us from not having PB&J in the break room....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
At my job they always have stuff to make yourself a PB&J on lunch. It is for those who forget their lunch or just dont have stuff at home to bring in. I have relied on it many times.

Well some girl is complaining and saying she is allergic and she feels like she cant go near the break room. I mean sure that sucks but it isnt like the room is all that great and there is other place to make coffee and other refrigerators in other places so she doesnt NEED to go into that room.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I never go into our breakroom for lunch. I am not allergic to anything, but the different smells from people's food makes me ill. I just have break in my car. 

I don't expect people to cater to my needs.

Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Gotta love when ONE person is trying to funk over the majority.

Funk her.
gradysmom2006
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM
She's so severely allergic she can't be near closed pb? Can't she ask that everyone clean up? Wash dishes? Wipe down counters? These are adults, not 5 year olds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM
We all clean up after ourselves. She cant be in there at all if it is around is what she is saying.

Quoting gradysmom2006: She's so severely allergic she can't be near closed pb? Can't she ask that everyone clean up? Wash dishes? Wipe down counters? These are adults, not 5 year olds.
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Hmmm.  Not sure how I would feel on that one.

I have been at my workplace for 10 years.  Never have they restricted what we could or could not bring, could or could not make.  There was just one exception.  We had a temp employee in the area for a couple months.  Something about making microwave popcorn triggered an allergic reaction for her.  So they asked us to please refrain from making popcorn in this particular break area.  We could go to other break areas in the bldg though and make our popcorn there.  It was also known from the beginning that she was a temp employee and that this restriction would be short lived.  No one seemed to have a problem with it.

fitegirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Then she should have lunch elsewhere
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Sorry but nope .Kids at school need to be given help and guidance...they are kids...but an adult with an allergy needs to remember the world does not revolve around her.Keep the break room tidy and she can eat there or elsewhere.

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM

In the same way she stays away from allergens that affect her she should stay away from that break room.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
She's an adult...
She should know how to prepare areas without having to ask everyone to refrain from eating it.
Seems childish.

She could carry Clorox wipes around with her if it's that much of an issue.
tisha826
by Tisha on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Then she needs to go elsewhere, or supply the ingredients for staff to make turkey sandwiches instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)