Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the worst phone call you've ever received ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stashlee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM
The one saying my friend who committed suicide has died. He said he was going to do it and we frantically called the cops. He was still alive when they got there but didn't make it through the night.
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My mama at 427 saying my dad had passed away. I knew it was going to be bad news because they never call that early.
gilbertgrl627
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM
I have 2: when my my called to tell me my (step)dad died, and the other when my aunt called to tell me my bio-dad died.
cymkare
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM

My mom called me at work to tell me my dad was dead. She was crying when I answered the phone and since he had surgery the day before I just knew. 

She would have called Adam (my husband) to have him come tell me (we worked at the same place) but she wasn't thinking clearly. 

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM
When my brother called and said our dad passed away.
GarysGirl85
by Celebrate Life on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM

The one telling me that my dad was dead.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM
The hospital called and told me my husband had been in an accident at work and to have someone bring me there ASAP. He had had his arm cut off and they were getting ready to fly him to a hospital that was better equipped to handle it. He was in surgery for over 11 hours.
julie515
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Umm, either the "whatever you heard, it wasn't that bad. We all lived." One. Or the "(kaboom.) Sweetie, I gotta go. Call you later." One.
The first was from my husband's first deployment. First phone call I got. Apparently his helicopter malfunctioned and crashed. No one told me. He assumed they did and that was how our conversation started.
The second was from his last deployment. It was two weeks before I heard from him. I knew he was okay because no one came to my door. I was so scared though.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM

From my aunt telling me that my grandma (who I hadn't seen in about 8 years) was in the hospital and they didn't know if she was going to make it through the night. I hopped on a plane immediately. I wanted her to be able to meet my son before she passed. Thankfully, she pulled through and made it another year. I only wish she had been able to meet my daughter before she passed.

m0m0f0ne
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM
My mom trying to say goodbye before committing suicide. I had to keep her on the phone and convince her not to while my now husband called the cops to go get her and take her to the hospital to have her stomach pumped...yeah. I don't get along with my mom, she's like a teenager with way too many problems and thinks the world revolves around her, but I couldn't sit back and let her kill herself
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)