Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can this be recycled? vintage cans.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

Old steel soda cans? Is there any money in recycling them? There is a vintage dump site behind my property and i would like to get the cans out of them way so i can find more cool stuff. There is also a ton of broken glass to get through before i can find the intact bottles. I havent figured out what to do with all the broken glass. I'm surprised there hasnt been more flat tires since it is directly in the fork of two fourwheeler trails. Because of that i have to be careful not to dip lace any from the pile onto the trails. Here is two of the things i found yesterday. The rest is outside i haven't cleaned yet. The gun freaked me out because it was heavy like a real gun but it was a solid metal cap gun lol. the gun is valued at $50 in mint but i think its worthless in this condition. Still neat to see how well made toys used to be.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
furbabymum
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Steel isn't worth much but it is worth something. I would say taking them to the recycle shop to get them out of the way would be worth it at least.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Of course you can recycle the cans.  You need to find a scrap dealer.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I recycle steel food cans (cat food, canned veg.,soup cans, etc.) at the same place I recycle aluminum cans. I get 10 cents a pound for them. Ask your recycling center.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)