Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do your kids HAVE to respect all adults?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
There's a man that lives with ds' grandma. I cannot stand him. I do not respect him as a person, a parent and definitely not as an adult. He threatened my son with a belt. He screams, calls kids names, etc. Not someone I want to associate with, but have to if ds or grandma wants to spend time together. I will NOT leave ds there alone and grandma can't really leave the house.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever return there, but it sucks bc that means ds won't see his grandma... but in case I have to (grandma will call me begging to buy milk or bread for this assholes kids bc their parents refuse to, yet turn around and bitch at her for not feeding their kids).... I'm really considering telling ds to completely ignore him if he tries to talk to ds, or tell him, "you aren't my dad. You got an issue, go to my mom"... sometimes ds will be on the front porch to get away from his screaming while I'm trying to clean their mess. Very rarely is he left alone, but he also doesn't want to be around mom the entire time.

He thinks that since I'm in their house, I have to go by their parenting rules, which is scream, yell and threaten the kids until they submit. I don't do any of that.

I think he's verbally abusing everyone in that house. Ds' grandma was shocked that I started arguing back with him (well, somewhat. I told him he had to take a breath, that he's being irate and he has nothing to do with my son), but it was hard to tell him anything with him screaming on the top of his lungs like a 2 yr old throwing a fit... in the 10 yrs that I've known her, she's never seen me raise my voice to anyone, including her son when he went on drunken rampages.

I gotta figure out a way to get her outta there. He swears he would never whoop the kids, but I think he's one step away from being a full blown abuser, including hitting ds' grandma.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)