Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No VBAC for me.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 84 Replies

I just found out that the hospital/doctor I use will not perform VBAC. 

I really wasn't expecting that. I had planned to try again for a vaginal birth. She (doctor) said I can use a different hospital and doctor for the birth if it means that much to me and she will give me recommendations. 

I really do want to try but I don't think it's important enough to switch doctors. I trust this doctor completely. I had four miscarriages (6 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 weeks, and 17 weeks) before I managed to get a healthy baby and it's because of her. She figured out what was wrong and how to fix it. 

So I guess we'll know the baby's birthday in advance. 

We have already made our decision but what would you do? 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:50 PM
While I wanted to try a vaginal birth, it wasn't that important to me. Not enough to switch doctors anyway.
CaptD2
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM
My second was a C Section. We are planning on one more and I will happily schedule my next C Section. My doctor won't do VBAC and I have no interest in trying for one. My first experience was great and was actually better than my vaginal delivery with my first.

I guess you just need to weigh the pros and cons and decide what is more important to you: the doctor or the VBAC. u
cymkare
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Same here. I was surprised, though. 

Quoting Loveavision: While I wanted to try a vaginal birth, it wasn't that important to me. Not enough to switch doctors anyway.

kirstensmommie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM
I would switch doctors
happymama2D
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have that strong of a relationship with your doctor I would also want to stay with her. That's really important. Good luck!
cymkare
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM

The doctor is. We've already decided. I was just wondering what others would have decided. 

I just don't like the recovery time after a c-section. But then again I was induced, in labor for 20 hours and then had a emergency c-section when my labor started regressing. All that combined (according to the dr) made the recovery harder and it should not be so bad this time around. 

Quoting CaptD2: My second was a C Section. We are planning on one more and I will happily schedule my next C Section. My doctor won't do VBAC and I have no interest in trying for one. My first experience was great and was actually better than my vaginal delivery with my first. I guess you just need to weigh the pros and cons and decide what is more important to you: the doctor or the VBAC. u

happymama2D
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I've had three c-sections and the recovery from my first was definitely the hardest. My last one I had her at 10 pm on Sunday and I was home Tuesday afternoon. :)

Quoting cymkare:

The doctor is. We've already decided. I was just wondering what others would have decided. 

I just don't like the recovery time after a c-section. But then again I was induced, in labor for 20 hours and then had a emergency c-section when my labor started regressing. All that combined (according to the dr) made the recovery harder and it should not be so bad this time around. 

Quoting CaptD2: My second was a C Section. We are planning on one more and I will happily schedule my next C Section. My doctor won't do VBAC and I have no interest in trying for one. My first experience was great and was actually better than my vaginal delivery with my first.

I guess you just need to weigh the pros and cons and decide what is more important to you: the doctor or the VBAC. u

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM

For me a repeat c-section would be riskier than trying for a VBAC, so I would switch. 

CaptD2
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Oh I gotcha. Sorry, I see where you said that now.

Yeah, my first C Section was scheduled so I just calmly walked in, got prepped and had the surgery. I was up walking less than 24 hours later and went grocery shopping six days later. If your experience this time is anything like mine, you'll do great! Congrats and good luck!

Quoting cymkare:

Quoting CaptD2: My second was a C Section. We are planning on one more and I will happily schedule my next C Section. My doctor won't do VBAC and I have no interest in trying for one. My first experience was great and was actually better than my vaginal delivery with my first.

cymkare
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:01 PM

That's good to know. I hope mine go like that. 

Quoting happymama2D: I've had three c-sections and the recovery from my first was definitely the hardest. My last one I had her at 10 pm on Sunday and I was home Tuesday afternoon. :)
Quoting cymkare:

Quoting CaptD2: My second was a C Section. We are planning on one more and I will happily schedule my next C Section. My doctor won't do VBAC and I have no interest in trying for one. My first experience was great and was actually better than my vaginal delivery with my first. I guess you just need to weigh the pros and cons and decide what is more important to you: the doctor or the VBAC. u

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)