Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's wrong with my eyelid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Can't go to the doctors... it started yesterday, around 8pm. This picture was taken last night. My eye is the same today (2pm right now), maybe a little less swollen..?.... it doesn't hurt, just more annoying than anything else. I've never had this problem before, but the last few months, I've gotten allergies- one eye will get red, itch, burn, etc, but go away within a couple hours. When I rub it, the bump moves- which is kinda freaky. Lol

Any advice? Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Looks like a stye.
NearSeattleMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Bug bite?

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:10 PM
A stye perhaps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM
I thought styes have like a white bump on it. Will it go away eventually, if this is a stye?

Quoting AjsMom0508: Looks like a stye.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM
When it was first forming, that's what I thought! Even though I didn't feel the actual bite, and I would hope I'd notice a bug by my eyeball! Lol but then I rubbed it and it moved, so I ruled that one out.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Bug bite?

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM
They don't always. You can buy OTC meds for styes. Similasan makes a stye eye relief med. Also try a warm compress to help with discomfort.

Quoting Anonymous: I thought styes have like a white bump on it. Will it go away eventually, if this is a stye?

Quoting AjsMom0508: Looks like a stye.
TheSilence
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Looks like a sty to me. Place a warm wash cloth on it.
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Looks like a stye. Hold hot washcloths on it as often as you can. It will eventually form a white head and drain and then go away. I used to get them a few times per year and they lasted 3-5 days usually, longer if I didn't help them along with heat.
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Probably a stye. Put heat on it and see if it comes to a head. I had one once.
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Looks like a stye to me! I used to get them all the time when I was younger (although, not anymore... I wonder why?)... mine never had white bumps, either. Mine just went away after a day or two, I never had to do anything to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)