Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strongest diaper rash cream?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 46 Replies
What is the strongest diaper rash cream i can buy on the market, or best, we already cloth diaper, DS is EXTERMELY sensitive, i mean if i dont do diaper rash cream with every change, by day 3, his butts breaking open in sores, we don't let him sit in his diapers he's changed every 40 minutes, and if we smell poop he's changed before that. I just don't know what else to do.

What do you ladies suggest? I have to get this under control.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I used balmex powder it was the only thing that worked for my daughter
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I suggest you take him to the doctor to see why he is breaking out so bad. It isn't good to be using creams everyday.

What are you washing the diapers in/with?

Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I use butt aid.

I catch the diaper rash in,the morning, by bed time talking gone.

But if he is breaking out that badly you need him checked out
Kimicora
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM
natural detergents, In all seriousness he had these issues in disposables too they were a LOT worse then because the added chemicals. The doctor never seems concerned about it when i go, she said just keep putting creams on it if thats what works, and she also said to blow dry his butt after each change. debating on getting a small fan for his butt for diaper changes (i'm afraid a blow dryer would scare him)

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I suggest you take him to the doctor to see why he is breaking out so bad. It isn't good to be using creams everyday.

What are you washing the diapers in/with?

Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM
How old is he? What does you doctor think is causing it?
local54
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Try Boudreaux's Butt Paste and check with the doctor too.

Kimicora
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Doctor doesn't think its anything besides sensitive butt because i use all burts bee's products & natural products she can't think of anything that could cause it. I've heard some kids are allergic to their own urine though, its possible because of the acidicness of it.

Every time i go to the doctor she doesn't seem concerned (she does wonders with everything else digestive wise, i see no reason to not trust her.)

We've done the all natural path up till now since we got our tax return and bought cloth diapers.

ETA: 7 months, starting solids, hasn't had any for a few days though because ive been sick and too tired, he's getting bottles right now because its easier on both of us and he's got a tooth coming in so its more comfortable for him.

Quoting Cocomicah: How old is he? What does you doctor think is causing it?
lovinlife0429
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM
What has your pediatrician said? Sometimes it can be MRSA.
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Are you busing cd safe creams? Petroleum based creams makes the diapers water resistant, and the excrement won't absorb well into them, if you are using cloth safe creams I'm not sure. Can you think of anything the baby is allergic/sensitive too with diet ( yours too if you're nursing) I had bad diaper rash battles with my son, ended up eliminating dairy from my diet and he was a new baby in a week, no more rashes and no more miserable baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I can't remember what it's called. But when my daughter had bad one, I took her to pediatrician and she prescribed one that worked great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)