Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I get into trouble?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My docs set me up for my perscriptions being mailed out in 3 month supply. I thought it was just my bc they would do it for but I got everything filled that way.
I just got a notice in the mail that one of my pain killers (tramodol) will be on the controlled substance list come aug 18. I have 3 months worth but the notice said legally I can only have 1 month. Obviously I can't take them so by the time the notice goes into effect so I will have the legal amount in my home... wwyd? Toss (rather dispose of properly) the rest?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petie1104
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Considering it was prescribed prior to the law, it may be ok. Is there a way you van call the company and ask if you have to get rid of them?
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM
I don't know. I would just tell them what happened. Where do you live? My dh takes that for his back and I haven't heard that.
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:42 PM

No, I don't think you can get into trouble. It was legitimately prescribed and filled so that's in the system. Going forward though, if a script is written for 3 months, it will be flagged and they will only give you a month's supply at a time.

RonaH
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I think its good since it was perscribed before the law went into effect.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

What do you think they are going to do?  Come and search your house to see how much you have?  You will be fine.  You will just have to get one month at a time from now on.

alexsmommy2010
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM
It just means that the pharmacy cannot give you 3 months worth at 1 time anymore. They will have to send it monthly instead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I live in indiana

Quoting sarbear8508: I don't know. I would just tell them what happened. Where do you live? My dh takes that for his back and I haven't heard that.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Lol, this. 

Quoting spunky946:

What do you think they are going to do?  Come and search your house to see how much you have?  You will be fine.  You will just have to get one month at a time from now on.

redneck.crazy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Noones gonna come search. So why worry? You'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Are you sure you cannot possess them and it doesn't simply mean that the doc cannot prescribe them?  I wouldnt carry more on your person than what you need for the day and only in the original container, but I find it hard to believe you can get into trouble for haivng them in your house.  My dad has them, so I'm very interested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)