Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe he started a fight over this.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Idk how we even got on the subject but a few days ago dh and I got into a fight over an old hat he used to have that was passed down to him from his grandfather. He said, "I wish I still had that hat," and I told him, "that's what you get for letting some random girl wear it."

And that's what happened. When he and I first started dating he wouldn't let me wear it even around his house. It was important to him, and I understood. Then one day I went over (we'd been dating six or seven months at that point) and he was pissed because the night before his brother had brought some girls over and they were all drinking and he let one wear his hat and it morning her and the hat were long gone.

Well at the time I didn't say anything, even though it did hurt my feelings. And when I said "that's what you get..." the other day he got all sorts of defensive and started an argument with me defending why he let her wear it...

I don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Are you sure he didn't do anything with this chick?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Until the other day the thought had never crossed my mind.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Banana.Time
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Because he's upset about the hat and instead of being understanding you're blaming him for losing it. Sure he shouldn't have been careless, but that's not the point.
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Well, I hope he is mad over the hat being gone rather than feeling guilty.. But maybe it is best that you don't say anything you know? He might feel bad. 

But why would he allow her to wear it?

Quoting Anonymous: Until the other day the thought had never crossed my mind.
Quoting JalynSpoon:

lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I would've said the same thing to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I do kind of blame him though, it is kind of his fault. Trust me, I have always been sympathetic about that hat. I'd be devastated if someone took something that had been passed down to me. But I'm not gonna tell someone I trust they can't touch it then let some stranger do what they will with it.

Quoting Banana.Time: Because he's upset about the hat and instead of being understanding you're blaming him for losing it. Sure he shouldn't have been careless, but that's not the point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Also. He would be the first one to say something like that to me, and he has.

Quoting Banana.Time: Because he's upset about the hat and instead of being understanding you're blaming him for losing it. Sure he shouldn't have been careless, but that's not the point.
Banana.Time
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:10 PM
They were probably drinking and he made a dumb decision..or he fucked her with the hat on. That's what you want to hear right? She saved it as a souvenir.

Quoting Anonymous: I do kind of blame him though, it is kind of his fault. Trust me, I have always been sympathetic about that hat. I'd be devastated if someone took something that had been passed down to me. But I'm not gonna tell someone I trust they can't touch it then let some stranger do what they will with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I just don't understand why he'd get so pissed because for the first time in the eight years since it happened I decided to point out his part in his hat walking off.

He would have said the same thing to me the day it happened if it had been reversed.

Quoting Banana.Time: They were probably drinking and he made a dumb decision..or he fucked her with the hat on. That's what you want to hear right? She saved it as a souvenir.

Quoting Anonymous: I do kind of blame him though, it is kind of his fault. Trust me, I have always been sympathetic about that hat. I'd be devastated if someone took something that had been passed down to me. But I'm not gonna tell someone I trust they can't touch it then let some stranger do what they will with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)