Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IM NOT Buying that!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
  • 35 Replies

yes another back to school post. I dont mind buying extar of supplies like pencisl and markers and crayons even if i know they will distributed. But i have two in school this year Pre and 2nd grade. Their lists include things like copy paper dry erase markers paper towel(2nd grade) and even wet wipes (prek). Im struggling to afford the stuff they need It bothers me to pay for stuff that they wont even use for educational purposes. Granted its on their list so im probably going to just suck it up and get it.. but I dont feel like parents should have to supply basics like paper towel or things the teacher needs. The school should supply those. Is there any weird items on your childs list you dont want to or arent buying?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Nah. I'll buy whatever the teacher needs. I support them 100%.
averagemama0609
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM
No. I'd rather buy for the teacher than for community supplies though. We only have to buy ziploc bags and like paper plates I think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM
My son is 3 he will start prek next year so we will see what happens then
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Dry erase markers are for educational purposes, as students use them. Wipes and paper towels are for the students sake as well, for teachers clean desks, table tops, key boards, book covers, etc with them. The custodians only do floors and garbage.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: Nah. I'll buy whatever the teacher needs. I support them 100%.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM
i always buy Whats need. plus more. teachers love me
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I buy everything on the list including copy paper, dry erase markers, and band aids. While it would be nice for the school budgets to supply those items, they don't. I do not want the teachers to have to take money from their own pocket.

malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I'm a teacher and I don't think parents should have to buy those types of things either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I'd rather buy stuff for the teacher than the community pool. I understand the schools not being able to supply enough stuff like paper towels and markers and stuff, but when a parent won't (or can't, since I'm sure I'll be attacked) buy their own kid stuff, I don't see how or why it's my responsibility to pick up their slack.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM
We have to buy all that too but we don't have the community supplies. I would rather buy those small things for the teachers than the school supply them and have to cut yet another thing from the budget.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)