Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National Father in Law Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Today is national father in law day and I went to post on fb about my awesome fil. As I uploaded 2 pictures of him and I with the post, I realized how little I have pictures of my dad and I. I have a horrible photo of my dad and I on my wedding day. Horrible because you can see the space between us since he was mad at me.

I've been with my dh for 2 years now. I have lived with my dad (and mom) for 20 plus years. I'm only 25. Other than that wedding photo, the only other recent picture of my dad and I is from when I graduated high school. 7 years ago. My dad is simply a controlling, mean and nasty person. A person who I never wanted my son to be. So I guss all in all, it's not a terrible thing.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CrimsonNGrey
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM
I hate my father in law. But good for you to have a good one!
mandy18192
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM
My father in law can jump In a lake and step on a Lego for all I care.

I'm happy you and your FIL have a Good relationship tho :)
calcalmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Wow, there's a day for everything!! My fil is awesome :)
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:23 PM

My FIL was great. But sadly, he died after we had only been married 3 yrs. He had a brain tumor.  Then my own dad died 7 yrs after that. :(

Bubbie0809
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I never met my father in law. He died when my husband was 21
I didn't meet my husband until he was 26
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:53 PM
My father in law is nice but has no really interest in having a relationship with me or my kids. He pats them on the head when he sees them every few months. My dad on the other hand is as hands on as you can get. My girls and I adore him. My husband has a better relationship with him than his own dad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)