Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who does this??!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

Police have arrested a 13-year-old Splendora, Texas, resident, saying she terrorized a classmate who is battling cancer, then the entire town.

Using a fake Facebook profile under the name “Melissa Johnson,” the teen told a classmate, who is a cancer patient, “you should have died,” according to the Montgomery County Constable’s Office. The boy’s mother intercepted the message and responded with, “Excuse me?” Police say the teen also threatened someone else to “go die” with the young boy.

A status update Friday raised more concern when the “Melissa Johnson” account posted, “I am going to kill everybody in Splendora on July 13th.” This post spread through social media and Splendora residents began contacting the police, according to the press release.

First Assistant District Attorney Phil Grant said initially Facebook officials were not cooperating with investigators. However, on Saturday, they agreed to help, and less the 24 hours later, officers identified the suspect.

“We realized a 13-year-old child will use poor judgment, and make mistakes, but we have to take threats like these seriously,” says Constable Kenneth Hayden. “In light of so many incidents in recent years where suspects announced their intentions through social media, such as the mass shooting at the University of California in May, these threats cannot be ignored.”

Police charged the teen with terroristic threats, a third-degree felony. They also seized all of the teen’s electronic devices. The Constable’s Office says the suspect’s family is cooperating with law enforcement.

“We hope this young lady will learn from her mistake and do something positive with her life,” continued Constable Hayden. “We also hope this is a wakeup call for parents. We cannot stress enough the importance of knowing what your children are doing online and talking to them about the serious consequences they’ll face if they engage in this type of behavior.”

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liltampa71
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM

BUMP!

liltampa71
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:43 PM

a teen who has a mom on cafemom

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM
She needs help, not incarceration. Hopefully she will get it.
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM
That's sad. People are so evil.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM
What a fucking idiot. I would be mortified to be her parents. Some of the things kids do nowadays baffle me, and I'm still young myself! I'm like a shocked old lady when I hear about these things.

On another note, I went to school with a Melissa Johnson.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Right?  Did you see all the people agreeing in that post yesterday about cyber bullying?  They were saying there was no such thing. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:48 PM

well duh, its because they are the cyber bullies and don't want their victims to voice anything about it, you see it a lot on here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right?  Did you see all the people agreeing in that post yesterday about cyber bullying?  They were saying there was no such thing. 

Quoting Anonymous:

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:49 PM
That's awful, I hope she gets the help she obviously needs.
liltampa71
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I hope she gets help, in Juvvie.  It's a crime, and she needs punishment.  They can do counseling there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)