Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F***ing Dentists!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I had an exam and they said my cavity in my front tooth is so bad it needs a root canal and then a crown. But it does not hurt AT ALL! I want it fixed because it looks bad but...why put me through a root canal with the pain and extra money if your going to crown it anyway??

Can't they just put a crown over the tooth? There is no exposed nerves because it does not hurt at all and if they do a root they'll probably risk breaking my tooth more.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
critter_boo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:13 PM
No they can't it will just eventually decay and crumble they have to do a root canal to save the yooth
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quoting critter_boo: No they can't it will just eventually decay and crumble they have to do a root canal to save the yooth

But I've had root canals before that have crumbled and decayed anyway and wound up going back to have them completely pulled out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM

BUMP!

critter_boo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Ok but they can not just put a crown onit

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting critter_boo: No they can't it will just eventually decay and crumble they have to do a root canal to save the yooth

But I've had root canals before that have crumbled and decayed anyway and wound up going back to have them completely pulled out
anewlynn
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Two of my teeth only have crowns on them at this point.  He thinks in a year or two I may (or may not) need root canals.  Supposedly they can drill through the crown, do the root canal and plus the crown to save expenses.  Did you ask him this question?  He is a dentist so there may be a legitamate reason for doing both.....NOT sure.  Some dentists do both thinking that you will have to have both no matter what anyway so why not do it now.

JC2223
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If the decay is close to the nerve canal, they have to do a root canal. If they don't get all the decay out, your tooth will continue to decay under the crown.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM
You can't get a crown over a root canal because your tooth will continue to decay under the crown.
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Do you have a degree in dentistry? If not you should listen to the person that does and be asking them the questions.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM
They can't just ignore the decay. It needs what it needs. Do it before it needs pulled.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)