Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

friggen money hungry a** holes!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM
  • 18 Replies
I just spent $800 on fixing my car. Got it back Friday. An hour after getting it home, the muffler went. Well just heard back from the mechanic bf suggested, and I have to replace the whole damn exhaust system! They estimated another fricken $800! So super pissed off.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Why didn't they give you an estimate on the exhaust system or tell you that is needed work? When I take my car to the shop they always tell me if they notice something else. 

mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM
This. I would find a new repair place they sound shaddy

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Why didn't they give you an estimate on the exhaust system or tell you that is needed work? When I take my car to the shop they always tell me if they notice something else. 

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM
The place I just talked to IS a new shop. I got it back friday and they told me it would be running for a while before anything else needed fixed. I will never go back there again!

Quoting mrsmoonbeam: This. I would find a new repair place they sound shaddy

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
how are the money hungry? it's not their fault your car is falling apart
MommaTurbo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

That's why we do all our own maintenance and repair on our vehicles. 

We're doing some work on DH's truck this weekend that was estimated at $500 bucks at a shop. We'll get the parts for $80 and do it ourselves!

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM
I wish I knew how to do my own repairs! I had the chance to go to auto school but opted for computer networking instead.

Quoting MommaTurbo:

We're doing some work on DH's truck this weekend that was estimated at $500 bucks at a shop. We'll get the parts for $80 and do it ourselves!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally agree..... DH fixed a leak, the quote (from a friend) was $1500+.... He did it for $40 in parts (and 3 hours of work).

Quoting MommaTurbo:

MommaTurbo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM

You can learn how to do ANYthing on Youtube! 

Quoting nverheyn2011: I wish I knew how to do my own repairs! I had the chance to go to auto school but opted for computer networking instead.
Quoting MommaTurbo:

Shadowed_Star
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I truly honest beleive that some mechanic brake stuff when they fix the one thing so you have to come back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Totally agree.... I had purchased a car from my parents, continued taking it to the place my dad took it. But since it was now mine (and I was paying for everything) they no longer gave me the discounts they gave him... they also didn't fix a big issue I had with the car!!

My check engine light came on one time after they did an oil change, they turned it off every time I came back in. Then one year I needed a smog test for DMV. It failed, due to a sensor. Took it to this place, they wanted to charge me $700 to fix it! Said I would have a bf fix it, bought the part, they said they would install it for free (I think they felt bad)... then found out that the sensor wasn't broken. They had accidentally left it open 18 months before when they were fixing something else! That did it for my mom, she never went back there (and didn't let my dad go back either).

Quoting Shadowed_Star: I truly honest beleive that some mechanic brake stuff when they fix the one thing so you have to come back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)