Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's some excellent parenting right there!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this
My 2 oldest (15 and almost 14) where fighting about who's mess was making their room look like a nuclear explosion. So I yelled from The living room "I really don't want to listen to you guys fight so either beat each others asses, or shut the door and figure it out so I don't have to listen to it."

They shut up pretty quick...
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I tell mine " I DON'T care!! You are almost 6 and almost 9..figure it out because you don't want me to!"
It works...most of the time.
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I think that was perfect! You are a mom not a referee.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Mine are still little, but I remember when I was in my teens, my dad used to tell my brothers (I had five of them) that if they couldn't quit arguing, he was going to put them in a room and shut the door. They could either talk it out or beat each other's asses, either way, when they came out of the room they were done with it and he didn't want to hear about it again. It worked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM
LoL!
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! I told my girls the other night to figure out who's doing the dishes or I would lock them in their room and they could fight to the death hungergames style.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine are still little, but I remember when I was in my teens, my dad used to tell my brothers (I had five of them) that if they couldn't quit arguing, he was going to put them in a room and shut the door. They could either talk it out or beat each other's asses, either way, when they came out of the room they were done with it and he didn't want to hear about it again. It worked.

iamanon
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM

That is great.

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM
That's awesome
bookwormx4
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Lol. I am dreading putting my 4 and 5 year olds in a room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM

This made me LOL. My DH looked at me like I was crazy. xD

Quoting LCWAmommy: Lol! I told my girls the other night to figure out who's doing the dishes or I would lock them in their room and they could fight to the death hungergames style.
Quoting Anonymous:

GarysGirl85
by Celebrate Life on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM

LOL!!!!

I once told my 4 sons, when they were 12-17 (there's 5 years between the 1st and 4th), to put their dicks back in their pants and to stop the pissing match. I never speak like that so they all stopped and gave me a "wtf???" look. It ended the issue they were having and 10 years later they still talk about "that time mom told us to put our dicks back and stop the pissing match". LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)