Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child with a fever!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My child has a fever, when do you take them to be seen?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tisha826
by Tisha on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM
If it gets to 104 or has lasted three days.
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Depends on the age. Under 4 102 that won't break with meds, then a trip to doc next day (if it is controlled ER if not). Over 103-104 with the same.
MommaTurbo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I never take them in for JUST a fever. (Unless it's a newborn)

I dont take them in unless they have symptoms I cant treat. 

And if I think they have an ear infection. That's one of the only illnesses that I'll take them in to get a prescription for. 

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Fever higher than 103 that won't break with the use of tylanol, motrin or both, or a fever that is accompanied by other symptoms like constant vomiting or diarrhea.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM

If it's over 104.

Any low grade fever you can just let run it's course.. don't give fever reducers.

Let the fever do it's job,.

Hope your little one is feeling better soon :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I don't unless there are other things like throwing up for long periods or the fever is really high.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Fever higher than 102-103 that won't go away with medicine. Maybe two or three days.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I don't take them in unless it gets up over 103 and won't go down with medication or the fever has lasted longer than 72 hours. 

You shouldn't treat fevers under 102.5 either. A fever is your bodies natural response to infections and is ridding your body of the unwanted bacteria or slowing the multiplication of the virus. Treating a fever will only prolong the illness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:30 PM
I took my son in with a 102 fever(2 days, only went down slightly when given Tylenol then went back up after a hour) but he also has a headache for two days prior and had vomited once. I knew this wasn't just a bug.
Smh77
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Give them cold things to eat too. Frozen yogurt, ice cream, iced drinks. Sugar fuels fevers, so try to keep that lower than normal. Gatorade and what not to help keep electrolytes up, and while it's hard, keep them resting as much as possible! GL!!
Also cool baths!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)