Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stereotypes (which ones do you not fit)

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM
  • 41 Replies

I don't think I'm wording it correctly. 

Example -  I have been told I look like I smoke a lot of weed (never have) 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh...But I DO fit my stereotypes.

"You look like a goth"...But...I kinda AM...

morgiefae
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Oh! I was a whore in HS, (cause lets face it my friends were) even though in reality i was  agood kid lol

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

people look at me funny when i tell them i identify with other races other than white. especially when i start speaking spanish lol

which is weird because i used to get yelled at by random people because i couldn't speak it, then when i learned people look at me crazy.

people suck.

what was the question?

IDGAF-
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I've been told that I look: Stuck up,prissy,slutty and shallow.

I'm none of the above.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

People are often surprised that I'm a hard-drinking, pot-smoking potty mouth because I look like I could eat coal and shit diamonds.

TSNDDY
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I apparently give off a sweet and innocent vibe. I can't even tell you how many times I have heard I'm too sweet and innocent to do this or that.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Well, I get public assistance but I am not a stereotypical "welfare" mom. I am a single mother but I did not pop out a bunch of kids for welfare. I have circumstances beyond my control that caused me to have babies while single and I tried working two jobs and getting by without PA but it didn't work for us. I also work my ass off to support my kids the best that I can and I am going to school to better my situation and give me a career that will allow me to get off of PA very soon. I'm also not buying steak and lobster with taxpayer money. Sheesh.

People tend to stereotype single mothers and gold-digging baby factories and I am not. 

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Hmmm...I couldn't say, for myself I don't think. I think I do fit the Canadian stereotype. Idk if I fit the recovering addict stereotypes, most are shocked to find out.

Kriskash25
by Kristina on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM

That I don't look like a smoker. Well I only smoke occasionally as a social thing or when I've had a few drinks! Every time someone from work or within the family catches me smoking they can't believe it!

tattedmommy730
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I look like a stoner. Which i am
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)