Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
And I'm talking to the women over 35 with kids, that have been married then divorced, I know happily ever after not such a thing, but I'm sure there are couples who actually survive break ups after breakups and failure marriages after failure.

Does anyone has a happy or at least better story to tell instead of how men are jerks, assholes, blah blah

If it's your first marriage, or been together for more than 10 yrs and still rocking, I'm happy for you ladies and I'll keep praying for marriages like that to keep happen. I'm talking about the ones over and over and nothing and finally found "the one" and been together after such agony of failure relationships
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Happily ever after really does exist... 23 years and counting we both look forward to the next 23
All roses and peaches it has not been but,  when you really really love someone, you work through the bullshit 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM
How many marriages and failure relationships did you have before you got married?

Quoting Anonymous:

Happily ever after really does exist... 23 years and counting we both look forward to the next 23All roses and peaches it has not been but,  when you really really love someone, you work through the bullshit 

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM
It takes two to tango.

That idea only works if both partners are willing to do so.

Quoting Anonymous:

Happily ever after really does exist... 23 years and counting we both look forward to the next 23All roses and peaches it has not been but,  when you really really love someone, you work through the bullshit 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:17 AM

We've been together since I was 18, I am almost 43 so you tell me............

Quoting Anonymous: How many marriages and failure relationships did you have before you got married?
Quoting Anonymous:

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I am on my third husband. We got married in March, but have actually been together for fifteen years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM
A story like this is what I was looking for, it's a story of hope, not like the lady that marry her husband at 18 and still together I've seen those stories all around my family, even my parents been married for 38 years, and they have had hell, but now things are much better between them

Quoting csxt99:

I am on my third husband. We got married in March, but have actually been together for fifteen years.

thetrollcat
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:06 PM

married once and still married and Im 43....

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not over 35 but I've been divorced and I have kids. I am happily married now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 35 and I'm 2 years into my 2nd marriage.

My 1st husband was a cheater. I stayed and tried to work it out as we had 2 kids together. His therapist deemed him a sex addict and he used that as an excuse because he "couldn't help it". He eventuality assaulted me and I filed for divorce.

It took one year for my divorce to become final. A month after I was set up on a blind date by a friend of mine. A bachelor with no kids. I didn't hold out much hope because what single guy wants to take on a divorced mom and get kids?

Well he did, and he's absolutely amazing. He supported me while I finished Nursing school, as well as my kids. He goes out of his way for us and I feel so fortunate to have him as a part of our family. Did I mention my kids adore him?

There are good guys out there, although after my 1st marriage I had serious doubts. Lol. I never knew I could be as happy as I am now.

coavsgrl
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
1st marriage failed - abusive - mentally ill; lasted 7 years.
2nd marriage AMAZING!! Awesome husband, great father to 3 step sons and one we had together. Never had one fight - madly in love after 20 years together. DH #2 is so far beyond what I use to daydream about! Happily Ever after can happen :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)