Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to tell her parents? PIOG

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I have a friend who's 19 and thinks she's pregnant. She's gonna test at roughly 1 week late on Friday. Her parents are conservative Christians and she just graduated high school in May. Do you have any tips for telling her parents if she is? They're bound to be livid. And before anyone says yeah, "friend" it really is. I'm 20 and 100% on my own, so I have no need of how to tell mom and dad advice. I'm anon in case someone who knows us sees this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Bump
Hilary799
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Honestly, I told my mom at her work. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I had a job and had lived on my own for over a year though. So, she just needs to be honest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM
She should tell her mom privately first and let her figure out how to approach dad. Don't put the parents on the spot with a big announcement. Conversations at the kitchen counter seem to go better than announcing it at dinner.
SissySmurf
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Just tell them. 

There's no way around it because IF she is pregnant, it's not something she can hide for long. Best way is just to be honest and open with them, sit them down and explain that she's pregnant. There's no other way around it.  It's just whether she wants to tell them WITH her boyfriend (assuming she has one?) or without him.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Just rip off that bandaid and tell them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM
She does, but she's been burning through them as of late. This is the first one she had sex with though. Unexpected, no condom. *SIGH*

Quoting SissySmurf:

Just tell them. There's no way around it because IF she is pregnant, it's not something she can hide for long. Best way is just to be honest and open with them, sit them down and explain that she's pregnant. There's no other way around it.  It's just whether she wants to tell them WITH her boyfriend (assuming she has one?) or without him.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. I hid my pregnancy from my parents because I was terrified of them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM
I hid my pregnancy for over 7 months

Quoting SissySmurf:

Just tell them. There's no way around it because IF she is pregnant, it's not something she can hide for long. Best way is just to be honest and open with them, sit them down and explain that she's pregnant. There's no other way around it.  It's just whether she wants to tell them WITH her boyfriend (assuming she has one?) or without him.  

ki19
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd wait until both a home test & blood test confirm it. Then she's best off just getting it over with
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I've got nothing. Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)