Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

marijuana second hand smoke

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
Question about second hand smoke from weed

My friend is a smoker, smokes in the house when her kids are around. Our sons play football together and drug testing for the kids is next week. Wouldn't the thc show up in her son's urine if he is around and breathing the side smoke?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:12 PM
It shouldn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Really? I don't smoke or anything so I have no idea how it works. I thought that if you could get nicotine in your system from second hand cigarette smoke, you could get thc in your system from mj smoke. Isn't that how you get a contact buzz or whatever?
I know I sound stupid...

Quoting Anonymous: No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
If he's sitting right next to her while she smokes and she's blowing it in his face each time there might be a trace amount depending how sensitive the test is. But more than likely no, he'll test negative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:17 PM
You would have to be sitting next to her mouth or hanging out in a tiny hot boxed room and even that's questionable. So don't stress. The kids probably all good :)

Quoting Anonymous: Really? I don't smoke or anything so I have no idea how it works. I thought that if you could get nicotine in your system from second hand cigarette smoke, you could get thc in your system from mj smoke. Isn't that how you get a contact buzz or whatever?
I know I sound stupid...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It is very unlikely, even if a little thc had made its way in the system of the young ones, the tests are sophisticated enough to differentiate between 2nd hand, and 1st.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Unless he got high off of it, I don't think so. I once failed a drug test due to second hand smoke. But I was sitting in a hot boxed car and got high too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Oh, good, I'd hate for him not to be able play. He is quite good. He and my son are good friends and they make a great team on the field.

Quoting Anonymous: You would have to be sitting next to her mouth or hanging out in a tiny hot boxed room and even that's questionable. So don't stress. The kids probably all good :)

Quoting Anonymous: Really? I don't smoke or anything so I have no idea how it works. I thought that if you could get nicotine in your system from second hand cigarette smoke, you could get thc in your system from mj smoke. Isn't that how you get a contact buzz or whatever?
I know I sound stupid...

the_dude
by abides on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:21 PM

not unless she was breathing it in their mouths.

it is highly unlikely, many a probation officer will attest you won't test positive from just being around weed smoke. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I have gotten stoned from second hand smoke but I was in a car with the windows rolled up with my first husband.   In a house where air it can disperse,  I would think it would be unlikely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)