Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok. I need to know if I should be upset before I say anything***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I haven't seen my boyfriend going on a month and a week this week. He is away at his yearly military training.

He is coming home this weekend, and he told me he would try and come see me this weekend. (We live about 2 hours from one another) the last time I saw him was the weekend before he left. He spent a week with me and the kids.

He told me later in the day he would try, but he wasn't sure bc he needs to move out of his house. His lease is not up until the End of August.

He recently got laid off from his recruiting job (while he was at training) due to budget cuts.

So, he has all the time in the world to move his things out.

My feelings are kind of hurt bc he told me one thing (that he'd come down this way) and then he said he has to move out this weekend (which he has all the time in the world to do)

I just feel like he doesn't ever make the effort to see me...

Should I be upset? Or just get over it? -added info- we've been together a year and a half
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBugMom09
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Wait till next weekend. If he doesn't come again, yeah....something's up.
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Did he say why he has to move out this week?  Maybe that is the only time he has the help?  Why can't you go to him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:17 PM
He has till the end of August to move

Quoting Amy_M:

Did he say why he has to move out this week?  Maybe that is the only time he has the help?  Why can't you go to him?

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he's just not really that interested in you.  I bet he's planning to use you as a fall-back if he doesn't get lucky when he goes out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I own my own business, so I work weekends. This was my only weekend off for a few weeks.. Grrrrr

Quoting LadyBugMom09: Wait till next weekend. If he doesn't come again, yeah....something's up.
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM

So again...why can't you go there?  If he is always coming to you maybe he thinks its your turn to drive the 4hr round trip

Quoting Anonymous: He has till the end of August to move
Quoting Amy_M:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Well, we've been together a year and a half..

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Sounds like he's just not really that interested in you.  I bet he's planning to use you as a fall-back if he doesn't get lucky when he goes out.

HIJKLM
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Are the kids his?
Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Are your kids his?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM
I actually always go up there.

The last week he was with me, we stayed in my condo near his house.

Then he came down with me

I always come up to see him, seeing as my business is where he lives.

So I'm always going to him

My weekends I do take off, I rather not drive 2.5 hours.

I work nearly every weekend.

Quoting Amy_M:

So again...why can't you go there?  If he is always coming to you maybe he thinks its your turn to drive the 4hr round trip

Quoting Anonymous: He has till the end of August to move

Quoting Amy_M:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)