Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do i have to have their fathers permission to......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

put them up for adoption?? i live in the state of texas and hes no where on the birth certificate

please and thank you!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Them?  Is he in their lives, if the answer is yes than you do because he can fight and win to get them and full custody of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Even though he's not on the bc they'll most likely ask you who he is/where he is.
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM

How old are your kids?  Is he involved in their lives at all?  If you put them up for adoption and he finds out he can fight and get them back.  It would be a world of hurt for everyone involved.

invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM
How old are they?
d_k_w
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM

They have already been born and are in your care? I am not judging you, I do not know your sitution but will you really be able to do this, there must be some bond between you and the kids.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
If he is not on the BC, he isn't legally their father. Unless he actively fights it, no, you do not have to have his permission.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Even if hes not you need to be a good mom contact their father and give him an option before you throw them away to the state! He would more then likely want his children and im sorry but shame on you for not thinking to ask their father before even considering to ask strangers if you had to! SMDH
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM
We need more info.
echoishername
by Misty on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Did he sign anything for paternity? Does he know he has kids? If he doesn't, can he easily find out? If the answer is yes, to any of those, he can easily fight it. And a judge will order a paternity test.
echoishername
by Misty on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:23 PM
My daughters dad isn't on the bc. He did, however, sign separate paternity forms.

Quoting AlwaysKISA: If he is not on the BC, he isn't legally their father. Unless he actively fights it, no, you do not have to have his permission.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)