Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are pregnant I am not going to hire you.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 683 Replies
3 moms liked this
That is my confession. I dont hire women who are obviously pregnant or tell me they are pregnant. It causes way too much hassle. We dont give paid time out that quickly anyway and that means I have to figure out how to find a new person to cover the job for just 6-8 weeks after the baby is born

Also the schedule is 9-5 m-f and that is about the only time the doctors offices are open so women always have to take the day off to go to appointments.

Yep this is my confession. i dont feel bad about it.

ETA: It is not discrimination.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:55 AM
I do not have more than 15 employees

If a business has fewer than 15 employees (counting anyone who works for the business, performing services for pay, for each working day in each of twenty or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year), it is not covered by any employment law relating to pregnancy or disability, and the business would be free to handle the situation in any way it deems appropriate. Of course, a business not covered by such laws would still want to treat its employees as fairly and consistently as possible, if for no other reason than to minimize complaints, unnecessary turnover, and the risk of unfavorable publicity. Businesses with 15 or more employees should see the comments below.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:46 PM
25 moms liked this
Discrimination at its finest.
mybumblebe
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:46 PM
19 moms liked this
I wouldn't hire a pregnant person either. I wouldn't even look for a job pregnant because I would know it's a lost cause.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I wouldn't do it either. I'm in construction. Pregnant and you want me to accommodate that? Not in this field.
summerlove3677
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I don't blame you.
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. I remember when I was up for a promotion the store manager told me to not tell the district manager that I was pregnant.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Quoting summerlove3677: I don't blame you.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I wouldn't either. Your buisness comes first before a person's personal life. Don't blame ya
loveyourenemy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Most people won't. I interviewed for so many jobs that I was more than qualified for when I was pregnant with my first. We didn't have much money at all back then and df was telling me I have to be working so we could afford to live. We weren't in as bad of shape as it sounds though.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM
6 moms liked this

I think that anyone who is job searching while pregnant must be desperate. Pregnant women are (obviously) pregnant, not stupid. They know about their doctor's appointments, they know how much time they'll need to take off after the baby is born. So, really, there is no way to be established at a job before they have to take a significant amount of time off.

If I were pregnant and job searching, I wouldn't tell my prospective employer I was pregnant until I was showing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I just wouldn't tell people when I interviewed. Problem solved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)