Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your kid did this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

How long did they?

my DS is a little over 2. A lot of times at night he wants me to get in my bed so he can lay on me and fall asleep. It's always chest to chest. Even if he is sitting on my lap and gets tired he has to sleep chest to chest. He's a small kid. He's not very tall so it's not uncomfortable. Did your kids like to do this a lot?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Nope, they weren't allowed to get in bed with us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM

He just started his day bed a couple weeks ago and a couple nights I've let him fall asleep on me and have my DH put him in his bed. I refused to co sleep though when he was younger.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

He just started his day bed a couple weeks ago and a couple nights I've let him fall asleep on me and have my DH put him in his bed. I refused to co sleep though when he was younger.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh was so dead set against kids being in our room and frankly I like my own space as well. If they showed up I just took them back to their bed and then sat at the foot of the bed not saying a word if they got back up I put them back until they fell asleep. I never said a word and didn't look at them either.

I never co slept either.

Bieg9093
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:13 PM

My kid didn't do that.  But it's flippin' adorable! 

I would start telling him that you can only stay for 5 minutes tonight, because you need to finish washing his favorite shirt for tomorrows trip to the zoo.  And the next night you can only stay for 5 minutes because you need to look up a recipe so you can make play do together tomorrow.  And the next night you can only stay for 5 minutes because of some library book related reason.

If he resists, you can offer to let him use your pillow off of your bed.  Just remember to take it back in the morning so you can give it to him again the next night.  And, y'know...buy yourself a new pillow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Nope, she's never really liked sleeping on anyone. She sleeps in my bed sometimes, she mostly all over the place. She will be three in October.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Yeah it hard right now. The house we moved into, were fixing and selling, is one bedroom that were in the process of changing to a 2 bedroom. So for now it's sharing a room.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh was so dead set against kids being in our room and frankly I like my own space as well. If they showed up I just took them back to their bed and then sat at the foot of the bed not saying a word if they got back up I put them back until they fell asleep. I never said a word and didn't look at them either.

I never co slept either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:19 PM

My nephew was always all over the place. Since it's new my DS sometimes falls out of his bed in the middle of the night and I find him curled up on the floor. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: Nope, she's never really liked sleeping on anyone. She sleeps in my bed sometimes, she mostly all over the place. She will be three in October.

cbuck88
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:21 PM

DS only really likes to do that if hes not feeling well. 

iamanon
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I would have never let that kind of thing start.

Larae1990
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Yes! Because my hubby held our daughter constantly. if she fell asleep he wouldn't put her in her bed. As soon as he got home from work he would take a shower and scoop her up, asleep or not!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)