Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone who has experience grief...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Did you go thru an anger stage? Was it quite soon and how long did it hang on?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Osstie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Bump
rebeccarae
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM

I did, I get mad and scream in my pillow a lot.

ETA: It hasn't let up yet, the loss it's from was in May.

indymom72
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Yes, I did.  It was after the initial shock wore off, probably a couple/few weeks.  Just allow yourself to feel all the feelings and work through the process.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I think that's a normal response. I am still having it at times and it's been a few months it gets better though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM
My ds lost his BFF 24 yrs old a week ago. He is being a big angry ass. Trying to cut him some slack.

Quoting indymom72:

Yes, I did.  It was after the initial shock wore off, probably a couple/few weeks.  Just allow yourself to feel all the feelings and work through the process.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM
I had moments of anger. Not a stage really. I was so sad a long time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I have experienced grief twice in the last 6 yrs.
my husband past away when my daughter was 18 months old. My anger came very early with that one and lasted a very long time. My brother passed away a little over a yr ago. I did not have anger right away. I'm still grieving both of them. It is a very hard thing to deal with. I still have many bad days.
I wish you the best!
indymom72
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:13 PM

yes cut him lots of slack.  It's a tough process.  I lost my mom a year and 4 months ago and I still have tough days.

Quoting Anonymous: My ds lost his BFF 24 yrs old a week ago. He is being a big angry ass. Trying to cut him some slack.
Quoting indymom72:

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM
I had it when my MIL died in 2006. We weren't that close. Well up until her last few months of life. I got so mad because I really liked her. But never got a chance to be her friend. Had it really bad when my grandma who was more my mom died in 2006. The last words I spoke to her was I hate them damn jeans. My Aunt and I were going through grandma's clothes because she said my grandpa was going to get her new ones. Later that day she lapsed into a coma. Her nurse said maybe she wanted to tell me bye one last time. She died one week later. In 2010 when I lost my uncle I grieved hard because I knew my Aunt was alone. This year on memorial day my grandpa a WWII, Korean and Vietnam vet died. Surprisingly I have shed one tear no clue Why. That eats at my gut pretty bad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)