Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Don't Feel Like Being A Mom Sometimes. Need Words Of Encouragement Or Advice.😿

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
it's very difficult to pin point why? I've noticed this feeling of not wanting to be a mom from time to time back when my son was 18 months. it's when he began to get difficult. he's a normal little man although he is 2 now and getting evaluated for his speech being behind on the 4th of August. other than that I'm sure he is a normal 2 year old. he's rough, throws his tantrums some worse than other's depending on the day,he naps and sleeps very well. he play's hard,likes jumping on the furniture. he gets into absolutely everything non stop. he doesn't mind me well,and doesn't take me seriously either when I am mad and getting on to him. he understands most everything people say and can point at whatever your asking him too. so all in all pretty normal.
but me I feel not so much. I'm mostly a stay at home mom. I work part time at my new job. the hours are coming in so slow right now. dh has the car all day every day he works during the work week. he takes me or my sister will take me to work and they both pick me up depending on who is watching ds that day. so I am home a lot with a rambunctious two year old boy. I try to play with him and get chores done around the house. but I'm home a lot and there's not much to do with a two year old who has the tension span of five seconds.. lol..

now I've also noticed I have to walk away from him a lot when he makes me mad. I don't seem to handle him well if I get too mad to fast. I try not to spank his hands when I am getting on to him. I try to redirect him.but that no longer works. he insists on doing everything you tell him not too. no matter the consequence or redirection. I find myself from time to time spanking his little hand and feeling awful for doing it. or a yell loud at him. just makes things worse, he cries louder because I'm yelling or spanking his little hand for something I've told not to do a million times. or redirected him away from. I just get this awful feeling of depression and anger that comes in waves through out the day. then goes away and comes back. its been a daily struggle since he turned 2 in June this year. what's wrong with me? why did I want a child so bad,then have the moments of anger I sometimes take out on him. for I don't know why? seems like in the moment I'm mad at him. but feels like I shouldn't be that mad at my 2 year old over anything he does. seems like its deeper than whatever he is currently doing that's making me freak out. I don't know what's wrong with me. I needed to vent. my dh doesn't know how I feel. because I'm scared of what he will think or say. I already feel like a horrible mom. you can bash me if you want or try to understand. thanks for reading. sorry its so long.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Hugs, we all have our moments. And he's 2 mama, enough said. Just hang in there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I find myself just wanting to he left alone. and space out on the TV. I get cranky when he is because he just has no slow down button. it's a sad depression but also on edge depression.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:26 PM
thanks I keep telling myself he is just two. soon his phase will pass and things will get easier with him. then again it feels like its never going to end. I even feel like the depression feeling I feel isn't going away either. maybe it will. maybe what I feel is not normal or maybe it is?

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Hugs, we all have our moments. And he's 2 mama, enough said. Just hang in there. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Have you talked to your dr about your depression? That could be playing a big part mama. 

Quoting Anonymous: thanks I keep telling myself he is just two. soon his phase will pass and things will get easier with him. then again it feels like its never going to end. I even feel like the depression feeling I feel isn't going away either. maybe it will. maybe what I feel is not normal or maybe it is?
Quoting vegaswife2011:

firespurity
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Too need to find what would for your son. With my son, telling him to leave the room until he stops throwing a fit helps a lot. To him being sent out of the room is a huge punishment. Also around two is when we started time out. It helped as well. At two it's still a lot about preventing meltdowns. And they really need a schedule, some kids are more dependant on a schedule then others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM
no I haven't yet. although I probably should. just scared I guess because I don't want something to be wrong with me. you know?

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Have you talked to your dr about your depression? That could be playing a big part mama. 

Quoting Anonymous: thanks I keep telling myself he is just two. soon his phase will pass and things will get easier with him. then again it feels like its never going to end. I even feel like the depression feeling I feel isn't going away either. maybe it will. maybe what I feel is not normal or maybe it is?

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM
he has a play, eating & sleeping schedule. has since he was just a little baby. just don't know how to prevent the melt downs. he is too stubborn and head strong about everything. my child wouldn't leave me alone. I have to walk away,then he grabs me while he is screaming. time outs are hell. been doing time outs for about 6 months. nothing works I have sit on him. which I rarely do because eventually it gets to the point I am so mad I can't stand it any more. and let him out or I'll spank his hand or yell at him.

Quoting firespurity: Too need to find what would for your son. With my son, telling him to leave the room until he stops throwing a fit helps a lot. To him being sent out of the room is a huge punishment. Also around two is when we started time out. It helped as well. At two it's still a lot about preventing meltdowns. And they really need a schedule, some kids are more dependant on a schedule then others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:45 PM
bump
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Mama, I have more mental issues than I care to admit. It's not something wrong with you, don't look at it like that. I spent many years unmediated for that exact reason. It's chemicals in your brain, not you doing something wrong. Please, please, please talk to your dr. PM me please. 

Quoting Anonymous: no I haven't yet. although I probably should. just scared I guess because I don't want something to be wrong with me. you know?
Quoting vegaswife2011:

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I just get scared because I don't want there to be something wrong with me. I don't want my husband to be afraid to leave me alone with my son,because my sudden anger and saddens gets the best of me some times. odd thing is I work just fine. with no problems. I don't want our families to think I'm a bad mom if word gets out that I had to have an evaluation and medicine.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Mama, I have more mental issues than I care to admit. It's not something wrong with you, don't look at it like that. I spent many years unmediated for that exact reason. It's chemicals in your brain, not you doing something wrong. Please, please, please talk to your dr. PM me please. 

Quoting Anonymous: no I haven't yet. although I probably should. just scared I guess because I don't want something to be wrong with me. you know?

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)