Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry I'm just the STEP MOM...Not my job!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

BM always says I'M JUST A STEP MOM. 

Right, Just the one doing everything while DH works. BM sees her son 9 hours a month because she is a train wreck. 

Anyhow today she messages DH and says she is cancelling her visitation for this weekend(21st cancellation since January) but wants ME to make sure I have DSS call her house on Tuesday so he can wish his older brother(who will be having a visitation at her house) a happy birthday. 

DH explained that Tuesday I was taking all the kids to the Zoo and would not be home. She says I am to stop whatever we're doing and call them at 10am OR ELSE. 

HAHA

You can bet your ass I'm not calling them. I don't take orders from ANYONE. If she wants to talk to him she can dial the phone herself. 

Petty perhaps but I don't care. 

Edit**

BM is welcome to call and if DSS chooses he can speak to whomever he wishes. I would never deny him that. I however don't have to cater to or engage her demands. When SHE had him(she used to have weekend visitations) she refused to even allow DH to talk to him. DH is also the one who told me not to bother calling her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Take a break at the zoo and let him call.

R00k
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Petty? Sure. You know you're being spiteful and should think of the kids in this. Is this behavior warranted, though? Maybe so. A person can only take so much bullshit. So, I'm not going to judge you for this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Tell her to call, but make sure you DO ANSWER the phone.  It is rude if you don't let him talk to his brother!!!!!

Just because you have a bad relationship with her, doesn't mean he has to have a bad relationship with his brother!!!!

Be a good example.

Personally I would have him call.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM
2 moms liked this
If she wants a call tell her to do it her damn self.'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally I would have him call, and then I would also take him a toy store to pick out a birthday gift for his brother.  Maybe I'm wierd though, but I think its nice for kids to have a good relationship with their siblings.

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this
How about ask the child of he would like to call his bro to wish him a happy bday? Then do it on a time frame that works for you guys.
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I would call. It's not for her. It's for another child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Do you think acting like this is going to help improve her behavior?

Really? Why should his brother (and you SS) be punished because you hold some serious grudges against the stepmom?

You need to let go of these grudges. Hold a grudge is like letting someone live rent free in your head, and holding onto the hot burning coal that someone has thrown at you.

Let him call his brother at 10. And get him to mail a card and pick out a gift (even if its at the dollar store). 

Larae1990
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Come on, I get that your upset but it's his brothers birthday.
MomOfAwesome
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Good for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)