Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he wants to see these movies but I'm not so sure.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
My 5 year old told me he wants to take me to the movies to see Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend for my birthday. He knows who they are because we have read the comic books together. It is rated pg13 and I am usually a stickler for ratings. I am wondering if I should take him or not.

He also really really wants to see the new ninja turtles. We watched the old movies a couple of weeks ago for our Friday movie nights.

My husband took him to see the transformers that just came out and he loved that movie. He was supposed to see how to train your dragon 2 but changed his mind when he saw the giant cut out of the dinobot

What do you guys think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM
B
Anonymous
U
Anonymous
M
Anonymous
P
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM
You know your child and what he can handle better than we do. I haven't seen the movie though.
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM
You can go to pluggedin.com and get a breakdown of what makes it a certain rating. It will tell you if its because of violence, language,sex etc. Then you can decide if it's OK for your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM
I think he can. I just dont want dirty looks from other people in the movie. He really doesn't like cartoons but he will watch cheesy sci fi channel movies all day long if you let him lol

Quoting thenameshailie: You know your child and what he can handle better than we do. I haven't seen the movie though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Thank you

Quoting Leissaintexas: You can go to pluggedin.com and get a breakdown of what makes it a certain rating. It will tell you if its because of violence, language,sex etc. Then you can decide if it's OK for your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Personally at five, I wouldn't, but you know your child.
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Iwouldn't take a five-year old to a pg13 movie. I'd wait for it , preview it, and fast forward through what was inappropriate.

But that's just me.

was
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)