Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your religious (or non) beliefs?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am a Vodouist. I wanted to write this because many people think that Vodou is a negative practice. I have experienced people saying that if you practive Vodou you are going to hell (family included) and think that Vodou is used to destroy and to do black magic. well it's not. Vodou has a mature understanding that goes above and beyond the more simplistic dualism that are informing the book religions of the west and middle east. it narrates the duality that is within both the universe and every human being and therefore also the complexity that comes with every and reaction and the responsibility every human being has to take for his or her own action.

What are your religious (or non) POV?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe there is a higher power and he represents himself differently to different groups of people.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Roman Catholic, as is my husband, as are our children. What we believe is summarized in the following Nicene Creed:

I believe in one God,
the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
consubstantial with the Father;
through Him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
He came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit
was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and His kingdom shall have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come.
Amen.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

catcameback
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:07 PM

I am an atheist.  I do not believe there is any supernatural, paranormal or higher power phenomena.  If there are things that are unexplained, I believe we simply have not advanced enough and learned enough to understand them, but one day we will.

KristaP13
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I'm an atheist, some people call me a humanist. I simply believe you should be a good person. As long as someone is a good person, doesn't hurt other people in any way, nothing else should matter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I'm a true Christian.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM

This exactly.

Quoting catcameback:

I am an atheist.  I do not believe there is any supernatural, paranormal or higher power phenomena.  If there are things that are unexplained, I believe we simply have not advanced enough and learned enough to understand them, but one day we will.

JTROX
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM

This.  Except my husband is not Catholic.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am Roman Catholic, as is my husband, as are our children. What we believe is summarized in the following Nicene Creed:

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through Him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation He came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom shall have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

raindrop.smiles
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Christian. I don't worry about what other people believe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Christian, Lutheran to be exact.
mlg1989
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I am a Christian.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)