Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do some people have no manners????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I just need to get this out of my system. I understand that she's a kid but goodness. My DH's sister is 12 or 13. I try to invite her over here every now and again but it's hard because she has no scruples. She chews with her mouth open, she has no problem speaking her mind. One time I cooked fried rice while she was here and she took a couple bites and said, eh, I don't really like it. It's really bland. I was plating my husband's dinner for him and she looks and says, well can you give it back to me? He got more than me. She belches at the dinner table and she brought a bag of barbecue chips with her, I figured for her and my DH to share when they were playing video games together. At the dinner table, she opens the chips and just starts going to town. And after DH was finished eating, he goes to grab a chip and she says, uh excuse me. You didn't ask. I just can't believe how she can be so rude. I just keep it all in but she drives me crazy every time she comes over. Not to mention, she was one of my bridesmaids at my wedding. Well on my wedding day, after our hair appointments, we stopped by Wendy's to get a snack lol. I was starving. Well, we just went through the drive-thru to be quick and she says she has to go to the bathroom. Ok, fine. She was in the bathroom and I called her to tell her we have got to go or we're going to be late to the wedding. She says, my nose is bleeding and won't stop. Come help me. I was pissed. Wtf was I supposed to do to stop her nose bleed??? My mom said that she was going to make me late for my own wedding. And I quickly morphed into bridezilla and I called her mom and demanded her to call her daughter and bring some tissue and COME ON. Ugh. Sorry, just needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Scruples isn't the word you're looking for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Oh no? Why not?

Quoting Danesmommy1: Scruples isn't the word you're looking for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Scruples are morals, not manners.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh no? Why not?

Quoting Danesmommy1: Scruples isn't the word you're looking for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Up until the wedding I was going to completely agree with you.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM
You couldn't help her with a nose bleed?

I couldn't handle the chewing with the mouth open
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM
How so? What was I supposed to do?

Quoting Anonymous: Up until the wedding I was going to completely agree with you.
AbbyOregon
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM
I wouldn't invite her over. Until she got some manners, then I wouldn't be involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM
What was I supposed to do for a nose bleed? And I have a really weak stomach, I can't handle blood.

Quoting weeping_angel: You couldn't help her with a nose bleed?

I couldn't handle the chewing with the mouth open
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Yes. They grow up to be adults that also have no shame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)