Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen dating...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM
  • 31 Replies
Are sons and daughters held to a different standard when it comes to dating?

Would you allow your son to start dating at a younger age, than you would your daughter?

I ask because my brother is allowing his son to start dating at 14, while his daughter who is older (15), is not allowed to date until she is 16.

His response... "He's the man"
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I had boyfriends in high school...I don't have girls, but I don't really understand how you can keep a kid that age from dating. We saw each other when we went to school and then hung out on weekends and stuff with other friends. I mean, what are you going to do besides homeschool and not let them out ever?
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM
4 moms liked this
Oh and your brother is an idiot, btw. I'm sure his daughter appreciates not being trusted just because she has a vagina. Sorry kid, you lost the gender raffle.
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Yep thats what most men say, i on the other hand will make sure they are at the same "responsible age" its just as easy for a teen boy to come home and say he got someone pregnant as it is for a teen girl to come home and say she is pregnant and i feel thats why men do it that way because they want to continue to protect their daughters because dads know all to well how they were as teenagers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids will be allowed to do things at the same age. As long as they show enough maturity by said age.
LucidDreamer90
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM
That so sexist... how ridiculous. I'll allow both my daughter and son to start dating once they get to high school. It's part of growing and maturing. Of course those relationships probably wont last but they will learn from them and be better off in the long run.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband has already said he will allow our son to date before our daughter (she's 17 months older). The double standard is annoying to me and that's something we will discuss further when they hit their teen years.

Larae1990
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:08 PM
I know it is *smh*
He said he just wants her to stay his baby girl

Quoting LucidDreamer90: That so sexist... how ridiculous. I'll allow both my daughter and son to start dating once they get to high school. It's part of growing and maturing. Of course those relationships probably wont last but they will learn from them and be better off in the long run.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I have girls. They will wait until 16.

If I was your bil's wife, that shit would not fly.

If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.
MysticIceWater
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Neither of my kids (1 boy and 1 girl) will date till they are 40. Lol
Larae1990
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Good luck mama :)

Quoting MysticIceWater: Neither of my kids (1 boy and 1 girl) will date till they are 40. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)