Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dh and single friends

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM
  • 48 Replies
My husband is friends with a guy who's older and single. He's also a perv. I don't like him.
He will text dh in the middle of the night to say he just "made out" with some chick or text him to let him know he might be getting some ass later.
I hate it! He's a married man. He doesn't need random text in the middle of the night talking about how your hooking up with this or that piece of trash... What would you do? Dh thinks he's hilarious but god I wanna hit this dude with a 2x4
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Bump! I need some advice. Dh thinks its funny and says I'm over reacting when I say how creepy the guy is. But he is! He makes my skin crawl!
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you on this one! I get guys being guys, but sometimes I think they cross the line. That kind of behavior would be a turn off for me too. There comes a point when you need to grow up KWIM?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Are you worried that he might tempt your husband or something? I see how it could be annoying but that's your husband's friend, it shouldn't bother you THAT much either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I don't see the big deal. If it doesn't bother your DH then I don't see why it bothers you. It's not like he's out with the guy when it's going down. All of my friends are single males. Some of them text me about girls. Just b/c I'm married doesn't mean my social life died...

Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM
It would annoy me too.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Texts in the middle of the night are a bit much but the rest wouldn't bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Text the friend and tell him to stop his shit. I'd also stop the friendship.
mama_church
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Would you prefer he were friends with a perverted single female?

All guys are pervs, some of them just hide it better than others.

Strike that, EVERYONE is a perv, some just hide it better than others... I don't hide it very well.  Aw hell now I'm off topic.

In regards to advice, I kind of do think you're over reacting, it could be worse.  And as long as the guy isn't being all pervy to you, what's the harm.  Talk to said friend and ask him not to text your DH in the middle of the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM
My DH is not allowed to have single friends.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Exactly! And what's worse is the guy is our neighbor. So he's always over here or always trying to get dh to come over there to do something with him when he doesn't have a girl over. My husband works 60-70 hours a week. When he's home he's got 3 kids he goes all week without seeing plus a wife. We want to spend time with him. And I get so sick of hearing him bitch about this one or that one took 600 dollars and ran off or stole his check book and went and wrote checks to pay her bills but the same ones will be back the next week.

Like grow up or keep your drama at your house. We dont need it. Don't want it. But dh likes the guy and wants to humor him and it drives me crazy.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I'm with you on this one! I get guys being guys, but sometimes I think they cross the line. That kind of behavior would be a turn off for me too. There comes a point when you need to grow up KWIM?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)