Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant at 14?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just found oout the new woman we hired at work got pregnant at 14 and had her son at 15. We were talking before and I knew our sons were both 7 and that she was a new college grad, but I assumed she took her time getting through college and was in her mid-20's. I was shocked when I heard she was younger but I have to say, I have a lot of respect for her being able to finish both high school and college all while raising her son.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virgoariesmama
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Mybest friend from high schools mom had her oldest at 14 and she is a great mom and now grandma
mischele
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I got pregnant when I was 15 a freshman in high school. I graduated and went to college. It's a difficult thing to do. Being a single teenage parent takes a lot of work.
mjhunter
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:42 PM
It's good to hear stories like yours. A lot of people assume you'll end up on welfare your whole life if you're a teen mom. I'm a newly single mom through divorce and I can't imagine how hard it would be doing this as a teen.

Quoting mischele: I got pregnant when I was 15 a freshman in high school. I graduated and went to college. It's a difficult thing to do. Being a single teenage parent takes a lot of work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Oh my goodness I know a lady just like this. Lol

She graduated colledge and has a fantastic job now.

Quoting virgoariesmama: Mybest friend from high schools mom had her oldest at 14 and she is a great mom and now grandma
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom had 4 kids by 21 (one who is disabled). Finished high school, university BA, and masters. I don't know how she did it.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I had an amazing support system. My parents and grandparents. My mom was my rock
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:45 PM
I got pregnant at 14. I had an abortion.

I'm 28, and still have yet to finish college
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM

That is because statistics tell us what is most likely to happen. Not all are doomed, of course. But the majority are. 

Quoting mjhunter: It's good to hear stories like yours. A lot of people assume you'll end up on welfare your whole life if you're a teen mom. I'm a newly single mom through divorce and I can't imagine how hard it would be doing this as a teen.
Quoting mischele: I got pregnant when I was 15 a freshman in high school. I graduated and went to college. It's a difficult thing to do. Being a single teenage parent takes a lot of work.

toopicky429
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM
I had a coworker who had her first child at 15. She went straight to college after high school, and got a bachelors in nursing. She said her parents pushed her to not be a teen mom statistic, and supported her while not raising her child for her.
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I got pregnant at 15 and had my son at 16. I'll be starting school for nursing and I work full time. I graduated with my HS diploma on time, but it's been hard work... I'm 20 now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)