Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am looking for an awesome plain cheesecake recipe.

I'm picky about my cheesecakes though. I don't like a super rich cheesy taste, I like them sweet and slightly fluffy.

The BEST cheesecake I ever had was one that my uncle used to make. He was a savory and pastry chef for like 35 years. I sooo wish I had his recipe but sadly he died in 2004.

So can anyone help me out here and share your best cheesecake recipe?

Pretty please!  :D

ETA - I love to bake, so if all you have is a "from scratch" recipe that has to be baked, that's fine too. I can do complicated.  :D 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM

BUMP!

jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:07 AM

BUMP!

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
2 80z packages of cream cheese mixed with 2 c powdered sugar.

Add fruit to taste.

Simple and delicious.
momma112206
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
No help here. I use the jello no bake and love it.
d_k_w
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
1 cream cheese, 1 can of condesed milk, i tub of whipped cream mix it all up i add strawberry glaze in it and top with fresh strawberry. It's like a cheese cake but not as rich i love it.
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you seen if any of your family has his recipes? My grandmother use to make the best dill pickles and my cousin has the recipe for them. Also try Pinterest. They have great recipes.
jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Is this a no bake?

Quoting d_k_w: 1 cream cheese, 1 can of condesed milk, i tub of whipped cream mix it all up i add strawberry glaze in it and top with fresh strawberry. It's like a cheese cake but not as rich i love it.

jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:22 AM

No, no one has any of his recipes. He never wrote them down, they were all in his head lol.

Thanks I'll try Pinterest if I don't find one here that I think I'll like.

Quoting razorbackfan: Have you seen if any of your family has his recipes? My grandmother use to make the best dill pickles and my cousin has the recipe for them. Also try Pinterest. They have great recipes.

d_k_w
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea you have refrigerate it a long time so it can get solid the ingredients make it kind of runny when warm.

Quoting jglasser7682:

Is this a no bake?

Quoting d_k_w: 1 cream cheese, 1 can of condesed milk, i tub of whipped cream mix it all up i add strawberry glaze in it and top with fresh strawberry. It's like a cheese cake but not as rich i love it.

d_k_w
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I never knew there was an actual recipe but i googled the main ingredients this might help.

http://www.keepersministry.com/3-basics-for-simple-summer-desserts/

Quoting jglasser7682:

Is this a no bake?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)