Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of girls...PMS

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

I've had 3 daughters so you'd think I would have a clue on this but my older two are adults and I have a 9 year old little girl. It's just been so long! So, she isn't starting her period or anything yet, that's not the question. I know that it's about two years from the beginning of breast development to starting the actual period. She has little buds growing. :) But my question is, do you think the emotional part of PMS could start before the period? I mean like this far before? She has always been an emotional little girl but lately it is just so extreme! I guess there are other things that could contribute to her emotional sensitivity but she is sensitive about every little thing! I know my other kids could agree! She's much more emotional than they were. Oh and early development seems to be hereditary. I was wearing a size B bra by the time I was 10. I was a D in junior high.

She was telling me this evening that she wants her dad and I to have some quiet time cause we "deserve it." lol She wants to set up a movie for us to watch and she and her brother go in the other room and leave us alone. So sweet. I told her that's a good idea but I don't think tonight is a good night for that and she started to cry. She was watching a tv a few days ago and a commercial came on with some puppies at the aspca and she got teary cause they're homeless. She's a sweet girl and she's not crying like tantrums or anything, just little things make her cry and it's gotten worse lately.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM
No idea, my girls are only 4 & 7.
I fear when they hit puberty though, they are already moody :/
AvantGardener
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Here's a bump. My dd is 6. When she turns 9 I'm flying to Europe and I'm not coming back until she's left for college.

Adrianne122005
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:13 PM
My 11 year old tears up and says,"I don't even know why I'm crying!!!"' Then she checks the fridge for chocolate.

I think 9 is possible to become hormonally emotional.
MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM
I hate to break it to you but yes she is hormonal. My youngest started about a month before her 11th birthday.

On another note I have three girls as well and think their pms is worse than mine.
TadpoleMomma
by Jelly Bean on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Here's a bump, Momma!

Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:32 PM

My dd is nine too. She seems to be getting cranky. And mean. Then normal again. The hormones are kicking in I think

recanada
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I am so not ready for her to grow up. She's my last so maybe it's harder. My real confession should be that I secretly want all of my kids to live with me forever. :)

TadpoleMomma
by Jelly Bean on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:18 AM

BUMP!

thetrollcat
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:19 AM

YES their hormones will start kicking in before they start their periods! THOSE ARE THE WORSE!

recanada
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:34 AM

I just don't remember my older two being that emotional. My son always has been lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)