Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thank you Cafe mom for helping my dh get a job and get our family off of Welfare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies
73 moms liked this

I am going anon because I do not want to be bashed. I posted about how to get into the oil fields and you ladies helped us. My husband got a job, he has to pass his drug test and background check. He does not do drugs and has no convictions. Our life was so rough and everyday was a struggle. We tried so hard to make it where we were at and did not. Thank you ladies for your advice and words of encouragement. I do not want to start a debate about welfare but put that to prove how bad off we really are.  I may never meet you ladies in person but our family appreciates it greatly.  If we can get out of this mess you ladies can too. Just do not give up and do not stop.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Congrats! Happy for yall!

Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Congrats.

Now if only I could that help.

Both me and my husband have been searching,craigslist in our free time from state to state city to city trying to find something. A lot are temp agencies and a lot are refusing to help relocate like someone said that they do.

And a lot are requiring a 39$ deposit to put an application in.
mom2hadley
by Heather on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Congrats! I am happy for you and your family! :)
Cocomicah
by time lord on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:19 PM
That's awesome! Congrats :)
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Pay MONEY to apply for a job!?

Quoting Pinkmommy0211: Congrats. Now if only I could that help. Both me and my husband have been searching,craigslist in our free time from state to state city to city trying to find something. A lot are temp agencies and a lot are refusing to help relocate like someone said that they do. And a lot are requiring a 39$ deposit to put an application in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I posted about the 39$ fee on this site. I was told no by the ladies. I am so glad I listened. You do not need to pay to work. My husband's company is not paying for a relcation. We took out pay day loans for dh to go the interview. I know it is bad but we wanted it so much. Just reside where you are at and when your dh brings in a few pay checks then go with him.

Quoting Pinkmommy0211: Congrats. Now if only I could that help. Both me and my husband have been searching,craigslist in our free time from state to state city to city trying to find something. A lot are temp agencies and a lot are refusing to help relocate like someone said that they do. And a lot are requiring a 39$ deposit to put an application in.

Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Yup.

We are only on Missouri.

What happens is I get on the site and click on the ads and he calls and talks. He got one good lead today and I don't even remember where it was from.

Quoting BEXi:

Quoting Pinkmommy0211: Congrats.

Both me and my husband have been searching,craigslist in our free time from state to state city to city trying to find something. A lot are temp agencies and a lot are refusing to help relocate like someone said that they do.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Congrats!
Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Yup.

We are only on Missouri.

What happens is I get on the site and click on the ads and he calls and talks. He got one good lead today and I don't even remember where it was from.

Quoting BEXi:

Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Yeah so did I.

And we can't get a loan anywhere. We've tries. And we are both working.

Quoting Anonymous:

I posted about the 39$ fee on this site. I was told no by the ladies. I am so glad I listened. You do not need to pay to work. My husband's company is not paying for a relcation. We took out pay day loans for dh to go the interview. I know it is bad but we wanted it so much. Just reside where you are at and when your dh brings in a few pay checks then go with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)