Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moving tips, what are yours?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Going to be moving in the very near future. Our last move was a cluster fuck, and I want to do better this time.
What are your tips for moving?

FYI. We are only movie a few blocks down the road, and I have been promised a moving truck for at least one day.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Lol. My advice? Don't
articmom
by IceQueen on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Start early , make a plan . Pack everything you don't use now , decorations , ypu get the drill.

Then pack one room at a time take the kids beds apart put their mattresses on the floor ect .
mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Pack room by room and have your last minutes for each person already set aside.
Kleotide
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Get rid of stuff.  We all have stuff that we don't need or use.

lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Start packing up things you don't need right now & get rid of things you don't use.. gl
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Don't do it!!!! Ahhh. Lol

Our easiest move was only a few blocks. We moved one room at a time and didn't do much packing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
You can use clothes or towels to pack breakables. They all have to get moved anyway, so why not.
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Don't.  LOL  We bought our house before kids.  If I HAD to move now, I would downsize as much as possible before the move.  I'd also label the crap out of boxes, and pack as much as I could in advance.  

What happened last time?

JC2223
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:19 PM

We rented a POD  a little over a month before we moved. I packed all non essential stuff first and put the boxes in the POD. The closer to moving day, we packed the small furniture no longer needed. The company picked up the POD and delivered it to our new house 2 days before our final moving day. On moving day We only need one small truck for the big furniture and the rest of our essential stuff. It made the move really easy and stress free!

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Now is a great opportunity to declutter all of your belongings. Toss out everything you don't need...maybe take some stuff to the Goodwill or put it up for sale.

You could color code each box depending on what room it belonged to.

Do one room at a time.

Buy some paper plates & plastic utensils for the time being a few days prior to the move.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN