Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do in my shoes? *Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 19 years old niece is pregnant. She used to live with her boyfriend, who is an asshole in every sense of the word. Today she found out snooping through his phone he was cheating, confronted him and he kicked her out.

The kid's 25 weeks pregnant, she called me crying about it and asked me if she could come home I said yes. She came home I fed her, she took a shower spent an hour in bed just crying.

Then when she came out she asked me, did I want more kids. I said no I was very happy just with N (my son) she said okay, I was just wondering if you could adopt my baby.

I was surprised, truly shocked. I know she's having troubles, I'm ready to help her. But to adopt her baby? I don't know... What would you do?

Update: Her bf has been harrassing her all day. My niece opened her facebook only to find a status from him calling her a slut and a bitch. That was yesterday! Now he's calling her begging her to come back. I caught their conversation where she was begging him not to call her names.

I took the phone told him if I heard her phone ring once more and it was him I was calling the cops. When I hung up my niece begged me not to call, I said yes I will she then said she wouldn't press charges. I'm seriously afraid he's going back to him.

Sadly there's nothing I can do :( now I'm heartbroken to see her going through this can I say mental abuse or something?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I would talk to her about it. Repeatedly. If after time has passed that is still how she feels then I would apt the baby. Legally!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Can you let her stay with you? If so id let her stay then see how it goes.
But yes, id adopt the baby if she didn't want to raise the baby.
But i don't know your situation so good luck to all involved!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:09 PM
In a nano second I would. She obviously trust you and knows you will love her baby and care for it. What an honor she even asked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM
That's how my son came into my life..unexpected out of the blue question from the birth parents that had no where to go. If she is sure and keeps repeating it then I would adopt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this

In every sense of the word? Including anatomical? Is he literally an anus? Awkward...

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I'd find some info on adoption for her
jojo.13.1987
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Imagine if you decide to adopt the baby and three years later she decides she wants the child back... she doesn't know what she wants and maybe in the future since you guys are family you might have repercussions. Whats to say she she shows up and tries to take the child or idk something like that.
meaghan116
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Oh wow that's crazy - you should feel honored.

I would seriously consider it .. If I could afford to and had the space... Wasn't too old and all that.

Can you allow her to stay with you when the baby is born? Help her with the baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Would do it without even a second thought.

holyhoola
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:17 PM
No more babies for me! Just, nonono!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN