Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I still shower with my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
3 moms liked this
I'm going thru the posts and people are so prudish when it comes to nakedness and siblings bathing younger siblings...like seriously? Get the eff over it . Everyone isn't perverted.

If I'm crunched for time I will put both of my kids in the shower together and bathe them...dd is 9 ..ds is 6. They don't care I just lather them up ,rinse them off and go about our day.

If I'm in the shower first ill call them in to shower with me one at a time or both at the same time...they don't care . Sometimes ds6 will see me showering and will request to come in and shower too . I let him in ....no big deal...

The only awkward moment we've ever had was when both of them asked why did I have hair down there and I told them everyone will get hair down there ur just a child now but when ur teenagers you'll get hair too and they giggled and said okay and dropped it . Never asked again.

I think some of you guys just have nasty thoughts and put them on your kids...if you don't care than your kids won't care. My kids see me naked all the time after I step out the shower...ds and dd will walk around naked after showering until I come in to get their pajamas ...they don't care or see it as taboo
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM
I completely agree with you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Weirdo...
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I still shower with my 7 and 2 year old daughters. DH still showers with our 8 year old sons on occasion. They all still bathe together.

No big deal in our house.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:18 AM
I agree I don't get why people think it is all so gross and perverted. IMO when someone turns something innocent into something sexual and gross they are the perverted ones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Shouldn't your 9 year old be able to wash herself? My newly 5 year old still needs some help, but my other kids were surely able to do it at 9.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM
We don't body shame in our house either. We all walk around naked regularly and shower together. We will stop when our girls make mention it is uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Eh...I don't trust her..I wash her coocha and her butt because she won't wash it good enough or really get in there. We have a routine ...bend over and hike your leg up ...and I lather and scrub her down.

Quoting Anonymous: Shouldn't your 9 year old be able to wash herself? My newly 5 year old still needs some help, but my other kids were surely able to do it at 9.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I don't think the showering together is weird, but I do think you soaping them up is. A 6yo and a 9yo can scrub themselves.
maureen813
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:23 AM
I am not saying that there is anything wrong with this but your nine year old daughter will likely begin puberty over the next two years and you may notice that she will become more modest and want her own privacy, also, most of the nine year old girls I work with are fully capable of washing their bodies and hair without any intervention from a parent, also they can pick out clothes and pajamas and change, letting her do more of these things builds a sense of competency and mastery. Very important at nine years old.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Yeah even my 3 yo picks out clothing and pj's pretty well. (Although her outfits occasionally resemble a bag lady)

Quoting maureen813: I am not saying that there is anything wrong with this but your nine year old daughter will likely begin puberty over the next two years and you may notice that she will become more modest and want her own privacy, also, most of the nine year old girls I work with are fully capable of washing their bodies and hair without any intervention from a parent, also they can pick out clothes and pajamas and change, letting her do more of these things builds a sense of competency and mastery. Very important at nine years old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN