Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i have seriously had it!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My kid is mean! No matter what I do, take his toys, ground him, take away activities (camping, movies), his tv is gone. I'm at my wits end. He has add but all of a sudden his meds stopped working. He swears, calls me an asshole, idiot, he hates me. I've called counseling every day for a week straight and no one calls me back! I took him out of his last therapist practice because he says he wants to kill himself and she said it was normal. I don't know what to do besides whoop his ass and I'm about a hair away from doing it. All I can do is cry from frustration. Please someone give me advice. They thought he might have bipolar but then kept him on his add meds because they were working. I need a break :(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BCauseImAwesome
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Oh I would have slapped the shit out of him for speaking to me like that. As far as the suicide threat, you can always take him to the ER. They can put on a psych hold and have him evaluated and such.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Im sorry your chld is acting like most of the women on this site. If you ask them your child calling you names like asshole, or idiot is not a bad thing, it even makes you "popular" on here. So my advice is just pretend he is some woman here on cafemom and deal with him the same way you would deal with her. lmao

No seriously, I hope things get better.

livric
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:46 AM

gosh I am sorry mama,  I have no idea what you could do but I sure do hope you can get some help for him!!!  hugs and stay strong mama!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:55 AM
I know how you feel because my son is the same way. Talk to the doctor about giving him different meds or upping his dose. That could be why they stopped working. Everyday is a struggle for us. I slap my son in the mouth when he calls me an asshole...which is multiple times a day. He calls me a bitch too and tells me he's going to kill me when he's older. I'm with you, I have no idea what to do most days but I find sending him outside or going to the lake helps...anything where he can get a lot of energy out helps. Take him in and have him reevaluated to see if he has further issues and hopefully they can get him the meds he needs. (((Hugs))) just know you're not alone. Look on Facebook as well for support groups, they have lots of ideas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:57 AM

sorry mama

mary716
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Maybe I struck the fear of god into my kids but they never dared speak to me like that. They will get mouthy, but one look and they clam up. If they ever called me a name...just no, hell no. They dont argue with me, they rarely talk back and if I tell them to do something, they hop to it. Ive taught my kids respect and manners.
Spam72
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Are you in family therapy to learn new approaches?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:05 AM
This isn't PC but if DS called me a name like that he'd get popped on the mouth. He's beyond disrespectful and ADD or BP aren't an excuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:15 AM
You're right, its not an excuse. We have a little boy living next door that has autism and EVERYTHING is well he's autistic he cant help it (he choked our other neighbors son with a rope and even that was excused) so now Ds says all the time 'i cant control myself so its not my fault!'

dear lord I see stars when he says that. He's not allowed to play with him anymore either. I'm about to start popping him though because I've had it, he's so disrespectful I cant deal with it

Quoting Danesmommy1: This isn't PC but if DS called me a name like that he'd get popped on the mouth. He's beyond disrespectful and ADD or BP aren't an excuse.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Where is his father?  I only ask because my husband would knock the taste out of my kids' mouth for speaking to me that way.  Not that I wouldn't do the same, but sometimes a man bringing a boy down a few notches is in order.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)