Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The CafeMom Android App is Available! **See UPDATE in 1st Reply**

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 188 Replies
8 moms liked this

The CafeMom Android App is available now in the Google Play Store!  Please check it out and let us know what you think.

If you downloaded the App last week when we 1st put it out, please update it so you have the newest version.

Push notifications are available when you receive a PM and when you are Quoted.

The App looks like our CafeMom Mobile site so it should be easy to navigate.  We are in the process of adding new features to the App such as SweetPeas, Group Owner/Admin controls, the main photo section and more push notifications. 

Please let us know what else you'd like to see on the App.

We are in the process of building the IOS App for the iphone and hope to have that available soon.  That App will look a little different as the Apple store has its own requirements,  We'll keep you posted on the IOS App!

This is just Version 1 of the 1st CafeMom App.  We plan to continue working on it and making improvements.  Since the App has been requested so much, we wanted to get it out to everyone quickly so you all could check it out. 

Please share your feedback!  What do you like?, what don't you like?, how can we make it better?

Thank you so much for checking out the App and for being such great members of CafeMom!

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We are working on a new app that doesn't have the technical issues reported.

It will not look like the mobile site - it will have it's own look. 

It will be released on both the apple store and the android store.

If this current app isn't working for you, I suggest just using the mobile site or full site until the new app is released.

Thank you so much!

Vesta20
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM
5 moms liked this
Yay it's about time! **scurrying off to playstore***
dawnjohnson5
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Just added it!
morgiefae
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks like this will be on my work phone ;)

TB78
by Tasha on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I am trying it now and so far it looks and works great thanks :-)

mom2hadley
by Heather on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it is running faster than the mobile version right now for me! Keep up the great work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
A little more excited for this than I would like to be ! Lol. Gosh I have no life !
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm on it now and the only problem I'm having is that when I open a post or go to a new page, it opens at the bottom and I have to scroll to the top.
dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

The app is OK, but I prefer using my browser, because I like to read multiple posts on my home page.  I can't open different tabs with the app and go back to the original homepage.  Then I lose another post that I was interested in reading because the home page has different posts when I go back to it :/

holyhoola
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm weary to download it because of the precise gps locater.
Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Did you just upload the app today?  If you added it before today, you'll need to update the app.  That was one of the issues fixed in the latest update.  It shouldn't be happening if you just uploaded the app today or if you updated today.  Please let me know!

Quoting southern.momof2: I'm on it now and the only problem I'm having is that when I open a post or go to a new page, it opens at the bottom and I have to scroll to the top.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)