Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you use essential oils??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

I thought about trying this, and if it doesn't work no big deal I guess I'll just be moisturizing my legs LOL I'm not expecting it to completely get rid of the few I have, but hopefully diminish them a bit.

My question is:

What type of oil can be used as a carrier oil?

I have organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil and unrefined organic sesame oil (oh, I also have castor oil that is to be used on the skin)....Can I use either of those, or does it have to be something more specific?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM
No
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Not sure. I got cats so I don't use them. I've read many believe oils are dangerous to cats so I'm not taking a chance.
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I do. I use Lavendar oil for my hair. Tea tree oil as well. I was using Peppermint oil, that stuff is so strong and hurts like hell when just a tiny bit gets in your eye. I was using that for my hair too in deep conditions and stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Really? Well I have two cats, so I'll have to look into that more!

Quoting ColtsFan1912: Not sure. I got cats so I don't use them. I've read many believe oils are dangerous to cats so I'm not taking a chance.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Yeah I've seen both sides of the "debate" but too scared to risk it. Sucks cause oils sound amazing. I'm still researching too. I Just need more info. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColtsFan1912: Not sure. I got cats so I don't use them. I've read many believe oils are dangerous to cats so I'm not taking a chance.

CadesMum
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I use them, but I'm not very knowledgeable about them yet. I do love them though!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Coconut oil is a good carrier, you can also use Olive oil

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I'll get our vets opinion on this as well, thank you.

Quoting ColtsFan1912: Yeah I've seen both sides of the "debate" but too scared to risk it. Sucks cause oils sound amazing. I'm still researching too. I Just need more info. :)
Quoting Anonymous:

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Yes, I do! I love them! And no, I don't sell them so I am not just saying this with an agenda. I use coconut oil for my carrier for most things, but I have also used sweet almond and grapeseed oil. 

Osstie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM
I would use coconut or jojoba oil. Don't use castor oil.. It's VERY drying to the skin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN