Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so glad I'm over it, and I wish more women could be too!

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

This year I've lost a little weight, but I am still very over weight and I've dreaded bathing suit season.  But as a mom I feel like eventually you just have to get over it and take your kid out to have fun in the summer and thankfully there are better options for over weight mom's than in the past.  This year I finally just kind of embraced that this is my body right now and I was able to find a bathing suit that doesn't make me want to run and hide.  The last few years I was only willing to put on a bathing suit two or three times and it really got in the way of our families summer fun but  this year it has been a lot more.  

Tomorrow is my son's 6th birthday and we are celebrating at the lake and some mom's have called to say 'I'm wearing Capri's and I'm not getting in the water.'  I'm not judging them because I"ve been there but I wish I knew what to say to help them get to the place I am plus I picked a place with a lot of life guards.  Granted it isn't like I am frolicking around in my suit, as soon as I get back to my towel I usually have my sarong wrapped around my big butt, but at least I'm getting in the water and having fun with my son.

How about you ladies?  Anyone able to over come this year and get back in the water?

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM
I'm only 22, but my body changed drastically with ds! I have stretch marks, flabby skin and thunder thighs! I finally got to that point my my dh said "what other people think of you is none of your business"

Now, I won't wear bikinis, but ds and I go swimming alone all the time together
AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I don't want to be exposed in my mid region but my torso is too long for a one piece. I hope that next year I can wear a suit, but since baking is my winter hobby, it's not looking good for me.

wamom223
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I'm not wearing a bikini either.  I have found that the skirt one pieces bathing suits look awful on the hanger but not bad on.  The Lycra holds in my  tummy, and the skirt covers my big butt and thighs.  But I agree with your hubby, we've got to get to a point where we don't care so our kids don't mess out.  Good luck mama and I'm glad you are able to go swimming alone!

Quoting MagicMonkey: I'm only 22, but my body changed drastically with ds! I have stretch marks, flabby skin and thunder thighs! I finally got to that point my my dh said "what other people think of you is none of your business" Now, I won't wear bikinis, but ds and I go swimming alone all the time together

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM
My obesity is not the reason I am self conscious. I have burn scars that make me feel self conscious.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I never cared. Nobody has to look at me if the don't like my cellulite and stretch marks.

wamom223
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Have you tried a tankini?  I haven't found one with good enough breast support but I was surprised that the tank tops will actually cover your tummy. 

Quoting AvantGardener:

I don't want to be exposed in my mid region but my torso is too long for a one piece. I hope that next year I can wear a suit, but since baking is my winter hobby, it's not looking good for me.

wamom223
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I'm sorry that you have anything that makes you feel self conscious.  

Quoting Anonymous: My obesity is not the reason I am self conscious. I have burn scars that make me feel self conscious.

sarawat89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I have never stopped getting in the water no matter how big I am.  I wear a tankini and I feel fine about it.  If people dont like what they see,   they can look the other way.

AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM

No, because the bottoms are the problem not the tops. I have a c-section shelf. My upper abs are fine but the lower ones are disconnected. I can never find bottoms that are high enough, and when I do, they roll down when I bend over. 

Quoting wamom223:

Have you tried a tankini?  I haven't found one with good enough breast support but I was surprised that the tank tops will actually cover your tummy. 

Quoting AvantGardener:

zeenah
by Zarah on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pregnant. So I still swim with dd I was in a swim suit about 5 months after having her. I didn't look perfect but I also don't care what others think. I will wear one after ds is born too.

"It's a boy!" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN