Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my effing jealous controlling husband needs to say

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
2 moms liked this

something to the kids about his behavior.  The past couple weeks he's been a total ass toward me.  I've pretty much just ignored him.  There's been nothing to say to him.  The past few days he's been nice and I told him after a few days of him being nice I'd be my normal self.  

Today I told him he has to say something to the kids, an apology to them for being a jerk toward their mom, something to acknowledge he was wrong and it's not normal and he hopes they won't be like that or accept that in their future relationships.  Is there anything you can think of I should have him say to them?  Anything I can say to them so try my best to help them avoid this problem?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

And you are with him why? If he's jealous and controlling all of the time and you are staying, you need to apologize to your children for allowing that around them.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Why does he need to apologize to the kids?

his attitude towards you has nothing to do with them
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you going to apologize for putting up with him?
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:30 PM

What?

-42-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Ask the therapist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Usually his jealousy & controlling behavior is something that's not so noticeable.  And we've been together a long time.  And I can't support myself right now.  And I hold out hope that he'll get better once we get through this stressful time.  And I have apologized to the kids for this going on, but I try my best to not let it happen around them.  I leave when he starts acting like this.  I beg him to not do it around the kids.  Anyways, I thought making him say something to them about it might help prevent it from happening again.  

Quoting Anonymous:

And you are with him why? If he's jealous and controlling all of the time and you are staying, you need to apologize to your children for allowing that around them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:09 PM
3 moms liked this

because when he's calling their mom names and being disrespectful to her, he's being a shitty person, a shitty dad, a shitty husband, and they deserve an apology.  They deserve a dad who accepts his assholishness, who wants to better himself.  They deserve to hear him say how wrong it is, how he prays they don't turn out like this, how he's better than his dad was and he hopes they become better than he is.

Quoting mommysangelface: Why does he need to apologize to the kids? his attitude towards you has nothing to do with them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I have.  Many times.  

Quoting Danesmommy1: Are you going to apologize for putting up with him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM

The therapist believed everything that came out of his mouth.  We need a new one.  And more money and time.

Quoting -42-: Ask the therapist.

sarastanley88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:11 PM
What does he think he should say
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN