Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ssi on children edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 501 Replies
3 moms liked this
Yea yea i know a lot of you don't believe in it. But anyways, what do you think it should be spent on? My son get Medicaid through ssi. So his medical is covered. I spent about $400 today on bills. The other $200 I will be spending on school supplies and clothes for both of my kids and filling my car up.

It vary month to month what I spend it on. Bills always get paid first .

Edit.
For all of you calling me a bitch and a pos have fun arguing with yourself. It is obvious that you can't talk like an adults because you act like teenagers. I will ignore you and report you

. .
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:34 PM
4 moms liked this
Nothing, since I don't think it should exist.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I didn't even know kids could get ssi before I joined this site. I guess it should be spent on the kid? Idk...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I spend my son's on anything he needs including shelter, clothes, school supplies and bills.

It supplements your income since you can't work as much as you want/make as much as you want due to your child's disability. It can be spent on anything your child needs.

Queenme101
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Meds that his insurance doesnt cover.Extra incontinence supplies, travel expenses and money for inpatient stays and surgeries. Etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM
My children get SSDI through me, I use all of the money, including mine, to pay the mortgage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM
5 moms liked this

i think it should cover medical and daycare for special needs so you can work:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't work not because of daycare issues but because of the number of doctor appointments and meetings and calls to my son school . His medical is covered through Medicaid that he gets because of ssi.

Quoting Anonymous:

i think it should cover medical and daycare for special needs so you can work:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister just had a two pound baby that qualifies for ssi. It will help her be able to stay home with him for longer than she originally planned since he will need extra care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this
It should be spent on necessities. Food, clothes, school supplies, bills. I think you are doing just fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO it should be treated the same way as child support. Spending it on the bills, rent, food & gas in your car so you can work is fine. Those are your son's needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)