Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is what i spend my kids ssi on...Bash Away Bi****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 237 Replies
I never knew people were so damn bitchy about kids getting ssi! My kids are 6 and 9 years old and they get ssi because they're mildly autistic. They get medicaid which is great . I haven't worked since they were born and I'm a single mom. I used to get welfare cash but I got off of it once I got approved for the ssi for my kids.

I'm pretty much a typical stay at home mom. I'm there for my kids everyday when they get home from school and I love it. I don't feel bad for not working because I like being home with my kids.

I get $1488 a month ..the rent is $430 a month and includes all utilities because its public housing and its a really nice building for new york city ..very safe and family friendly neighborhood...I love it actually . Our verizon fios bill is $190 a month and my cell phone is $50 a month.

Our foodstamps was cut in half to $230 a month so now I pay an additional $200 cash for groceries ....

I put $100 a month into savings as our emergency fund ...

We don't have or need a car so the rest of the money which is $500 is our vacation money.

I take my kids to disney world or universal studios once a year ..sometimes twice if I can swing a budget trip.

The year before I was able to take them on a 4 night disney cruise.. it was really tight. We couldn't afford excursions or extras but they had such an awesome time . It was around $2100 for the cruise...airfare was $600 but my mom paid for that she also paid for her portion of the cruise.

My mom has terminal cancer so right now the $500 a month is being put away to send her to las vegas which she wants to go to so bad but can't afford it.. I love my mom . My kids know the vacation fund is going toward my mom this year and her trip to vegas for mother's day . They're going too ...I'm trying to save enough for airfare/hotel for all of us. They're really excited for this surprise for my mom and they've been recycling for extra cash .

That's how we spend our money around here. During the months of september and december we don't contribute to the vacation fund at all. September is school clothes/supplies and december is Christmas . They still believe in Santa Clause so I spend $500 on gifts for them....one big present each and a bunch of little presents .

Bash away
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa...
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Eh, your kids your money. That's nice what you're doing for your mom.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM
6 moms liked this
You live comfortably in NYC on a budget of $1400 a month? Ha ha ha. Even if that's possible, you don't want better for your kids than the lowest possible income can provide?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Don't you want more out of life? Don't you want your own home, a future that doesn't include welfare? Something you can be proud of?
the.B.karma
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

YOu need to show receipts for the SSI and if they see you are misusing it or can't provide receipts you will lose  it. YOu areonly allowed to pay for their portion of thestuff not EVERYTHING GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

troll

the.B.karma
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM
15 moms liked this
So, you don't work, live off the government, and can afford to save $500/no for vacations?

And people wonder why others have an issue with the fraud, waste, and abuse of the welfare system.
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Quite frankly, I never give a crap what people do with their money.
the.B.karma
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN