Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fat Breastfeeding Moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 232 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, it's no secret that I'm not a fan of the lactivitsts. Those who fight for the rights of breastfeeders I totally get, but I don't appreciate those that are condescending towards formula moms (and let's face it, that's most of them.)

Anyway, there's a latch-on going on today, and I've had several friends posting pics from the event on Facebook. I am astounded at the number of women there who are just FAT. I'm not talking about "I'm still carrying some baby weight." I'm talking about "I am packing a good extra hundred pounds." This isn't the first time I've noticed that many breastfeeding moms tend to be on the heavy side, which brings me to the question, "What's the point of being adamant about nursing, and extended bf'ing, if you're just going to turn around and feed your child whatever crap you're eating all day that's making you overweight?"

**EDIT** I suppose I wasn't very clear in this post. To clarify, I'm talking about all of the junk these women feed their children AFTER they are weaned....when they eat as a family. And for those saying "the mom doesn't always eat what the kids eat...give me a break. I highly doubt Big Mama is gonna fry her up some chicken as the kid sit and snack on tofu. Be real.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm... I don't think it works like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I guess bc breastmilk is still the healthiest food for babies and gives them antibodies. Even if mom is going to feed them crap later, its still healthier than formula.
Mrs.AmandaD.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM
6 moms liked this
Lol I'm a fat bfing mom but I don't know how to respond to this. What a strange thing to think about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM
One, my kids don't eat what I eat. I am a binge eater but my kids don't know that. But also, breastmilk is the best start in life regardless of what happens later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

What do you mean?

Quoting Anonymous: Hmm... I don't think it works like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh... alright...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't think one thing has anything to do with the other. You're not so bright, are you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't and it's clear that the OP isn't very educated on how breastmilk is made.

Not only that but not everyone is fat because they eat junk. You can eat healthy for an entire pregnancy and during breastfeeding and still not lose much weight.

Quoting Anonymous: Hmm... I don't think it works like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow I'm not a big breastfeeding supporter, But are you fucking kidding me. Having a baby does some crazy shit to my hormones and I gain 60-100 ponds after each kid. Not while I'm pregnant but about a year after I balloon up. It takes me until they are 2 to lose it all! I do lose the weight each time! So yes some moms are overweight for the first couple years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:21 PM

How long do you think that will work for? If you eat junk, and overeat, it's pretty lilkely that they will do the same. Children aren't stupid.

Quoting Anonymous: One, my kids don't eat what I eat. I am a binge eater but my kids don't know that. But also, breastmilk is the best start in life regardless of what happens later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)