Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Ok so this is for all you ladies who shave or wax your lady parts. How do you do it? I have super sensitive skin so every time I have tried to shave it my skin gets super irritated. So I am considering trying something else but I want at home options. Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM

This is going to sound crazy, but put rubbing alcohol on it after you shave.  I thought it would burn like a bitch.  It doesn't and it keeps the shaving bumps away.  (I have INSANELY sensitive skin...can't even wear jeans because the little metal button causes me to break out.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Thanks!! I never would have thought to try it.

Quoting Texor:

This is going to sound crazy, but put rubbing alcohol on it after you shave.  I thought it would burn like a bitch.  It doesn't and it keeps the shaving bumps away.  (I have INSANELY sensitive skin...can't even wear jeans because the little metal button causes me to break out.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Bump
Mandymb
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I just use shave cream and a razor.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I use nivea after shave balm for sensitive skin on the area afterwards. It's"for men"but it works. That or rubbing alcohol.
Spam72
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Wax is better than ever lately. The new formula sticks to skin less.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Mobile Photo

Coochy aftershave protection spray is the only thing that fixed the problem for me. I use it under my arms as well and occasionally on my legs. It's amazing stuff and totally worth the cost.
AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Coconut oil. Shave with a brand new razor everytime and shaving cream then slather on the coconut oil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I have sensitive skin to so I wax I buy those pre applied wax strips. Waxing is very simple, grow the hair about 1/4 inch apply wax according to directions take a deep breath and pull.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM
What brand do you use?

Quoting Anonymous: I have sensitive skin to so I wax I buy those pre applied wax strips. Waxing is very simple, grow the hair about 1/4 inch apply wax according to directions take a deep breath and pull.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)