Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

had a mental breakdown today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Idk why honestly. I'm pregnant and on hydrocodone, could be withdrawal, could be hormones. I was getting up to go into the living room to watch TV since my df wanted to play his video game, I've been in bad post surgery pain the past few days, but I'm almost out of pain pills. I was supposed to run out the middle of week before last but I'm stretching them out. Before i mostly only needed them for wound repacking so I'd only take one or two a day, but recently the pain has gotten worse, but I need to make them stretch til I see the surgeon Monday since it's the weekend. Well i got upset about that and about having to just deal with the pain, then my df was acting like he had a problem, so I ended up bawling my eyes out in our bedroom doorway. I guess I upset myself so much I made myself sick then somehow, I guess from vomitting I peed myself, which upset me more. I cried for awhile longer... then my df chose to sit with me but of course got irritated because he didn't get to relax in his words.

I had no control of it. I hate how emotional I've been. I hate being so needy. I feel like it's irritating people. My anxiety is up, I know because my obsessive compulsive tendencies are up. The anxiety could've contributed or made it worse. I wanna be normal again. My case manager/personal nurse with the insurance gave me a few numbers to call for counselors or therapists and if these feelings persist I may have to call some of them.

Ughhhh
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
As someone who suffered a mental breakdown, you didn't have a breakdown. If you did, you wouldn't be on here right now. Call the doctor, page the on call physician, and get a refill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
You can take hydrocodone while pregnant?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Yes. I've been worried about it but they safe it's okay for the baby. I've had to take so many class c drugs this pregnancy though I'm terrified for my boy...

Quoting Anonymous: You can take hydrocodone while pregnant?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Yeah idk it just seems the best comparison I could make because one second I was fine the next I was ugly crying and bawling loudly.

Quoting Anonymous: As someone who suffered a mental breakdown, you didn't have a breakdown. If you did, you wouldn't be on here right now. Call the doctor, page the on call physician, and get a refill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Sorry for the difficult time. Keep your head up. Motherhood is crazy stressful!

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. I've been worried about it but they safe it's okay for the baby. I've had to take so many class c drugs this pregnancy though I'm terrified for my boy...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Thanks. Yeah I've noticed >.< just dealing with some guilt for exposing him to all this stuff. At least my surgery got out my infection and I'm just healing now

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry for the difficult time. Keep your head up. Motherhood is crazy stressful!

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. I've been worried about it but they safe it's okay for the baby. I've had to take so many class c drugs this pregnancy though I'm terrified for my boy...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Life can be overwhelming. You had a good cry now suck it up and go on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN